In a recent poll, I asked whether you love, hate, or feel neutral about your jobs. Turns out, those who love their jobs were in the minority. There are about 27 percent respondents who love their jobs, while 40 percent hate what they do. The rest were pretty neutral. Here is what some readers had to say about their job:
- I would say "like it a lot, most of the time." My dad always told me to keep in mind that there's a reason they pay you to go to work and it's not always going to be fun. — onlysourcherry
- I love it, especially the people I work with! I just wish I could be making a bit more . . . —
- I don't like working at all. If we could financially afford it, I would be home with my daughter rather than at work. Since I have to work, my job is OK. I don't like every aspect of it, but there are certainly parts of it that I enjoy. — kimmieb124
To find out what others said, read on.
- Right now, hate. It's not a bad job per say, but I've been stuck with it for two and a half years and after really, really trying to be ok with it, I think I'm just reaching the point where I need more challenges and a big changes. People are (generally) nice and I get to see cool things, but it's made me realise that doing brainless admin tasks all day and simply the whole 9-5 thing really doesn't suit me (does it suit anyone?). Which I guess is a good thing, at least I know what I don't want to do, right? And it's also making me think that I'd actually enjoy taking more 'risks' by for instance going freelance to do more creative things, even if that means waitressing on the side to pay for the bills. — Advah
- I love it for the most part, but I'm underpaid, which makes it hard to REALLY love it that much. —