American Idol was a rollercoaster last night. At first I was just disappointed that two of last week's strongest contestants kicked off the show with weak performances. Lucky for us it wasn't a complete waste of a night, since the final acts were very entertaining. Here's my two cents:
- Michael Johns was off the entire song.
- Jason Castro was just OK.
- Luke was the most improved from last week, but sadly after he performed, the show stalled big time. The acts in between Luke and Chikezie were basically forgettable.
- Side note: OMG fake rocker Robbie wears a wig. No wonder Simon has been hinting to the audience that he is a fake.
- Chikezie was the first fun performance, and he nailed the vocals. Besides, I just love saying his name. I'm not sure why Simon has such a hard time spitting it out since it's so much fun to say. I also loved the playful banter with Simon — always a crowd pleaser when done right . . . unlike David Cook.
- Cook's song was good, but the awkward exchange with Simon at the end killed it for me.
- Finally, David Archuleta is the cutest thing ever. I just want to go squeeze him. He clearly has the best voice of all the men last night, and he's only 17. Very impressive indeed!
Photo courtesy of Fox