Feel free to substitute thawed frozen raspberries for fresh.
1 large egg
1 box puff pastry cups, thawed
3 slices of bacon
1 cup raspberries, mashed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (8-ounce) wheel of brie
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl until no streaks of yolk remain. Brush the tops of each puff pastry cup with egg wash. Bake puff pastry cups for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Bake the bacon on a sheet tray for 10 to 15 minutes, until it's cooked but not crispy.
- To make the compote, set a pot over medium heat. Cook the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cut the brie wheel into six wedges and slice the bacon into diamonds. Remove the puff pastry cups from the oven and insert a wedge of brie into each cup. Top each piece of brie with two pieces of bacon and bake for an additional five minutes or until the brie is melted and the bacon is crispy. Serve warm with a spoonful of compote on top.
- Puff Pastry, Appetizers
- Six servings