This month's Vanity Fair features more than just LL. Look out for new ads featuring Angelina Jolie for St John, Selma Blair for Chanel Eyewear, and Gisele for LV. Also a big congrats to the Gawker Media folks for their nice spread in the Spotlight section. And now what you all have been waiting for, the LL VF best quotes round-up. Here they are in no particular order:
- "I ran into this antiques store that's called Hideaway House Antiques - I mean, the irony of that is just creepy and weird. (The paparazzi) ran down, and I saw them out the window, and I ran into the corner and sat down on this old chair, and I look down and there's blood specks all over the chair!...I looked at my assistant. I said, 'Buy this chair. It's not getting sold on eBay!"
- "For my (19th) birthday, I flew to L.A. for the weekend and just sat in a little restaurant with my friends and just, like, had dinner, went back to my friend's house and didn't do anything. That's how much I've changed. When I was 18, I had a party at Avalon with an 'I'm a Slave 4 You' theme."
- "I still have this BMW 745 that's, like, white rims, blackened-out windows, so flashy. All I want to do is get rid of the car and get a Jeep."
- "Going through shit makes me that much stronger...And doing great things makes me want to do even better things. I want to do things that make me feel good, and work with charities and see the positive side of things. With the position that I've kind of come into I'm in a place where I can really make an impact on people and really help girls that are, you know, people with anorexia, people that aren't in good relationships with their lovers... people that don't get along with their parents. I can change that a little bit.
- "Don't ever say this to me, 'Are you O.K.?' It's like Yeah, motherfucker, I'm fine."
To read more of her fabulous quotes on guys, drugs, and illnesses,
- "I think younger kids should know it's O.K. to experience things in life, and I'm not encouraging going out and getting a fake ID and going off the deep end and having an eating disorder. I'm saying if you at least admit those kind of things, that that might happen, then they don't feel the urge to go and do that."
- Wilmer - "I'm ruining this relationship with this guy that I think is my first love. I'm ruining it because I'm taking everything out on him."
- her type - not the nice boys and likes them older - "I like the ones I probably shouldn't like. The rock star kind of people... I'm obsessed with Johnny Depp. Oh my God, because he's dark and cool and edgy and ... dirty."
- on Jared Leto - All she will say is, "We're great friends."
- "I've gotten that out of my system" but she only did "a little"
On her getting sick again and again:
- "My liver was swollen, and I had a kidney infection, and my white blood cells were accelerated. I love how I say it like that. I don't know what it means, but it's not good. I wasn't eating. I was on an IV. They were giving me shots of morphine to numb the head pains every two hours."
- She took out her hair extensions, lost her Mystic Tan and lost 15 pounds. She then said, "I can't imagine seeing your daughter lying in a hospital bed, white as a ghost, like so tiny and frail-looking."
- "I was making myself sick" (referring to bulimic episodes)
- "It was the night I wrote 'Confessions'... I literally had a breakdown in the hotel room" (and then proceeded to abruptly cut her European Herbie publicity tour short)
- "I was sick. Everyone was scared. And I was scared, too. I had people sit me down and say, 'You're going to die if you don't take care of yourself.''
- I knew I had a problem and I couldn't admit it... I saw that S.N.L. after I did it. My arms were disgusting. I had no arms."
Luckily, LL did recover only to end up having an asthma attack earlier this week to put her back into the hospital. Her mother talks about how Lindsay has had "bronchial asthma since she was two" in the VF article, but we would have never thunk it since she smokes all the time. Now there are pregnancy rumors and some are speculating that might have just been a ploy to cover up what might have really made LL end up in the hospital.
The sad truth is she is a talented young actress who has tried to be everything to everyone. Maybe she should concentrate on getting healthy and her acting career which was praised by many in the industry in the article. We'd like for her to still be around in a few years and at the rate she is going she may not make it. Now this concludes any Lindsay posts for the day. I swear. Unless of course it turns out she is having Jared Leto's baby.
If you still want more, go here for more details on the article.