- Good news Family Guy fans: Brian is alive! He returned to the show last night.
- Legendary actress Joan Fontaine passed away yesterday. She was 96.
- Tyson Apostol won Survivor: Blood vs. Water last night.
- Reality star Jenelle Evans was arrested for breaching the peace just one week after announcing her second pregnancy.
- Was James Franco drugged? The actor claimed he was in a bizarre Instagram video.
- Are you feeling lucky? Today is your last day to buy a ticket for the record $656 million Mega Millions prize. The winning numbers will be announced on Tuesday.
- Claire Davis, the 17-year-old who was injured in Friday's school shooting in Colorado, is in stable condition but in a coma.
Keep reading for more from today's Speed Read.
- A man was killed during a carjacking outside of a New Jersey mall. The man and his wife were walking back to their car after finishing up their Christmas shopping.
- An Indian diplomat and women's rights advocate is coming under fire after it was revealed that she was paying her nanny just $3 an hour. She is also facing fraud charges.
- This is how soldiers celebrate Christmas.
- A new study has found that people in Louisiana are the worst drivers. Meanwhile, every other state breathes a sigh of relief.
- Robot telemarketers are getting smarter and now can deny that they are actually robots. Creepy.
- Your daily dose of cute: A little girl gets reunited with her lost teddy bear thanks to the power of the internet.
- The Health Nut, The Parenting Expert . . . these are just a few of the parents that you'll meet after you have a kid.
- Here's proof that being perfect just isn't enough: someone made a GIF of a magazine's unnecessary photoshop job on Jennifer Lawrence.
- You may have heard by now that Peter O'Toole died over the weekend. Celebrate the actor's life with a look back at his hilarious appearance on The Late Show back in the '90s. This is how all movie stars should act.