Six months after becoming a mom to Max, Christina Aguilera is ready to get back to work on new projects. Last week she talked to Larry King about getting political, but she's also got an album and another perfume in the works. In the August issue of Glamour magazine, Christina dishes on life since Max came along and what we can expect from her now. Here are highlights:
- On her new album: "I just started recording it, but I can tell you that this record is all about fun. I'll be referencing Pop Art, Andy Warhol's art. So it will [sound] fun and fast-paced, and visually, it will be full of color, which is how it's going to tie in with my new fragrance, Inspire [in stores next month]."
- On whether or not being a mom influences her music: "Absolutely--my little boy breathes new life into me. That's one of the reasons I decided to go in a playful direction with this album. I've spoken openly about the domestic violence I experienced growing up."
- On her relationship with Jordan as new parents: "It's brought us closer--we're bonded together for life. Relationships and great marriages are a whole learning and growing process. We're just great teammates."
To see what else Christina had to say about making alone time for Jordan and her relationship with her own mother, just read more.
- On how she and Jordan keep things romantic: "We make sure we have Mommy and Daddy nights out. Our child comes first, obviously, but there are certain things you can do: Once we know he's in good hands, we go out late at night and have a few drinks. Then we'll come home, dim the lights and do our thing--and I'm not going into any more detail than that!"
- On how her relationship with her own mother has changed now that she has a baby: "It's given me a deeper understanding of the things she went through. She had a difficult childhood, and I think she wanted to make sure [I didn't go through that]--[yet] she ended up marrying an abuser. My mom was so giving, almost too much, that she almost forgot about herself many times. So I'm careful to make time for myself. Rather than change who I am for Max, I bring the life lessons I've learned to the table."
Sounds like Christina is ready to return to the music scene and we have a feeling being a mommy will be part of her latest reinvention of herself.