Lindsay Lohan obviously does a fine job of drawing media attention on her own, but it looks like she's getting a little competition from Dina. In what we can only think of as an ill-thought out move, Harper's decided to devote an entire article in its most recent issue to LL's mother/manager/self-proclaimed "sister." Needless to say, Dina didn't hold back. Here are highlights:
- On Paparazzi: "Look at me. Diana will happen again."
- On Lindsay Being an Alcoholic: "We're just so misunderstood," she said, adding that her cocktail-tippling daughter is not an alcoholic. "Noooo! She is just a 20-year-old who had to reel it in," she said, apparently forgetting that the legal drinking age is 21. "And she's from an addictive personality genetically. And in that world, they give you things like candy. Hurt your ankle? 'Let's give her something.' "
- On Lying About Being Lindsay's Mom: The elder Lohan said she sometimes introduces herself as her daughter's personal assistant. She even once lied about her identity to George Clooney. "I don't want them to know I'm her mom," she said. "It's a whole 'nother demographic. People just go dark."
- On The Starlet Elite: "Some of these kids are just lost," she said. "They're the American dream," she also said. "They're the Trumps of the little world, these kids."
- On Going Out: "If you can button it and clip it when you're in your 40s, you're going out," she said as she put her hand in the air to solicit a high-five from the Harper's reporter.
It's a little scary to see how jaded Dina Lohan really is when it comes to her daughter - did she really just admit to giving her Lindsay painkillers? Perhaps Dina should spend less time tanning/clubbing/doing sexy photo shoots and spend a little more time being the mother that Lindsay (and her three siblings) obviously need.