Ellen Page got to work it as a flirty tomboy for the March issue of Interview magazine. She's definitely been having quite the year since her breakout role in Juno. In addition to being a cover girl, Miss Page will also get to walk the red carpet at the Oscars this Sunday after earning a nomination for best actress. In the magazine, Drew Barrymore (her future director) did the honors of interviewing Ellen, quizzing her on everything from her success to her love life to her favorite color. Here are highlights:
- DB: "What's your idea of a perfect day?"
EP: "Lord. I don't know. Maybe wake up, have some delicious coffee, eat some delicious fruit, then go for a bike ride to a lake and bring a good book. And read and swim and read and swim — just something super simple, I guess. Mellow."
- Drew Barrymore: "And what about the next five years? What are your aspirations?"
Ellen Page: "I hesitate about having aspirations that are too intense, because I just don't know what's going to happen. As corny as it sounds, I guess the answer would be remaining as honest as possible and having the control to play roles that are fulfilling and challenging to me and that I feel passionate about. And I hope, in the next five years, that's going to be something I'll be able to do consistently."
- DB: "What's most surreal about your life?"
EP: "Well, I did Oprah yesterday, and then I went to the NBR [National Board of Review] Awards last night and met Kate Winslet, whom I adore. I was all star-struck and trying to be supercool, but she came over to me!
To see what else Ellen had to say about her award nominations, favorite color, and flirting style, just
- DB: "You're going through a period where you're getting a lot of accolades for Juno. What do awards mean to you?"
- EP: "Well, I'm definitely not an actor in order to receive an award. But at the same time, it's what I love to do. So when you receive that acknowledgment, it's like, 'Wow, maybe I'll be in a couple more movies.' And that's a really exciting thought."
- DB: "And what could they [a person with whom you'd been flirting with] say that would make you raise an eyebrow and go, 'Hmm, I'm interested in this person'?"
- EP: "Probably just something ridiculously random, just talking and being honest with each other. As corny as it sounds, just being yourself. I'm horrible at flirting, though, so I shouldn't be answering this question."
- DB: Ok, my last question: What's your favorite color in the Crayola box?"
- EP: Green. I suppose I like earthy colors. They just feel simpler."
Ellen seems like one of Hollywood's more down to earth starlets who we can't seem to take our eyes off of. She's refreshing and we look forward to seeing what's next for this humble actress.