Skip Nav

Firefighter Jakey G

Jake Gyllenhaal and his family were enjoying their Christmas at a lodge when a fire broke out. Well actually the fire was in the in middle of the night so people were not expecting to evacuate their rooms in their PJs. Here's more:

A fire broke out at Manka's Inverness Lodge in Marin County early Wednesday after a tree fell on the structure. The local fire chief called it a total loss.

Jake Gyllenhaal and sister Maggie were staying at the inn for Christmas. Guests were seen running outside at around 2:43 am. Said a neighbor: "They weren't dressed to come out. It was early."

Daniel DeLong, chef and co-owner, said Gyllenhaal assisted with recovery efforts: "Jake was helping me pull things out of the fire."

Of course he did! Jakey G seems just like the kind of guy who would lend a helping hand! We wish we could have seen what he was wearing to bed - we can only imagine. Actress Frances McDormand and Joel Coen were at the inn as well, and luckily no one was hurt.

Latest Celebrity
Award season continues with the SAG Awards! Check out our event coverage!
×