After being crowned an official Style Icon earlier this month at the Elle UK Style Awards, Kate Hudson is on the cover of the magazine's April issue. Hot stuff, right? Naturally, Elle UK asked about her thoughts on fashion, but Kate also opened up to them about the unusual relationship she shares with her ex-husband, Chris Robinson, and her desire to wear as little clothing as possible. Sassy, too. Here's more:
- On her own personal style: "I love clothes! But I would never put something on just because it's high fashion. . . I like people to have personal style. . . I'm not into the trampy look. I like to mismatch. I like a look that is not too thought out!"
- On keeping in shape: "I've always been a dancer. I took ballet from the age of three to 13, then got into jazz dance. Now I have a dance instructor several times a week and I do Pilates."
- On showing off her figure: "I plan to wear as little as possible for as long as I can. . . I know I won't have this body forever, she says. and I would like to have another child some day."
To see what Kate says about her feelings for Chris, body image and what she'll be wearing this Spring just
- On her relationship with Chris: "The other day I told someone my husband was coming over and they said, 'You mean your ex-husband'. I do love my ex. Whatever man I end up with, I'll always love Chris."
- On her body image: "If there's one thing I've learnt this year, it's not to think too much about my image. I don't dress for anyone but me and the people I love."
- On what she'll be wearing this Spring: "Right now I'm in love with colour! Particularly purple. I just bought a purple Dolce sweater. The other color I love for spring is cobalt blue. And that peachy skin-tone colour."
Kate and Chris seem like super sweet exes, which must make little Ryder happy (and, you know, not that it matters but if she was pregnant he would so get my vote for dad). I also heart cobalt blue. Wonder what Elle UK would have to say about Kate's recent love for baggy is-she-or-isn't-she casual wear?