Katy Perry is one of the most outspoken pop stars of her generation, and she proved that yet again in the February issue of GQ. In her unfiltered cover story, she talked about everything from praying for boobs to believing in aliens to, of course, her on-again, off-again boyfriend, John Mayer. Keep reading for highlights from Katy's candid chat, then pick up the magazine on newsstands on Jan. 28.
- On always wanting big boobs: "I lay on my back one night and looked down at my feet, and I prayed to God. I said, 'God, will you please let me have boobs so big that I can't see my feet when I'm lying down?' I had no clue they would fall into my armpits eventually."
- On smoking weed: "The weed — I'm not friends with it. I can't do that stuff. I'd be like in the corner: 'Are you trying to kill me?!'"
- On her relationship with John Mayer: "I think that I needed to grow up. I'm just having a wonderful experience with a wonderful guy. There's no rush."
- On plastic surgery — or lack thereof: "I've never had any plastic surgery. Not a nose, not a chin, not a cheek, not a tit. So my messages of self-empowerment are truly coming from an au naturel product."
- On that controversial geisha performance at the AMAs: "I was thinking about unconditional love, and I was thinking — geishas are basically, like, the masters of loving unconditionally."
- On her critics from that AMAs performance: "All I was trying to do is just give a very beautiful performance about a place that I have so much love for and find so much beauty in, and that was exactly where I was coming from, with no other thought besides it."
- On believing in aliens: "I see everything through a spiritual lens. I believe in a lot of astrology. I believe in aliens. I look up into the stars and I imagine: how self-important are we to think that we are the only life-form? I mean, if my relationship with Obama gets any better, I'm going to ask him that question. It just hasn't been appropriate yet."
- On her relationship with President Obama: "I might have won Wisconsin for him. Actually, I didn't do too much, but he called on me a couple of times. Which was very nice."
- On losing her virginity at 16 in a car while listening to Jeff Buckley's Grace: "Love that record so much."