- Khloé Kardashian is reportedly planning to file for divorce from Lamar Odom today.
- Beyoncé surprised everyone by releasing an album last night called, appropriately, Beyoncé. It features 14 new songs and 17 music videos, and no one was expecting it.
- Bruce Jenner is reportedly planning on getting his adam's apple flattened, which is apparently a thing.
- Tom Cruise's ex-publicist, Pat Kingsley, finally opens up about her time with the superstar, saying she told him to "cool it on the Scientology talk."
- Erykah Badu is now modeling for Givenchy.
- A police officer has a hilarious response to Kanye West's claim that his job is just like being a cop. The words "Check yourself before you wreck yourself" are used.
- Lorne Michaels allegedly held a secret audition for black actresses for Saturday Night Live. According to reports, he plans to add a black female cast member in January following months of criticism for the show's lack of diversity.
- Another reason to love Paul Rudd: He always plays the same bizarre clip when he is on a late-night show with Conan O'Brien. Here's the proof.
- Robert Levinson, an American who has been imprisoned in Iran since 2007, is revealed to have been working with the CIA when he was arrested. For years, the government has denied that he was working for the CIA.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has had his uncle (who was also a prominent member of the government) executed for allegedly plotting to overthrow his nephew.
Keep reading for more from today's Speed Read.
- Prince Harry has finished his trek to the South Pole, making him the first member of the royal family to make the big journey.
— Ben Fogle (@Benfogle) December 13, 2013
- A group of 13 private citizens who were celebrating a wedding in Yemen were accidentally killed in what is suspected to be a drone strike from the United States.
- Jordan Graham, the Montana bride who pushed her husband off a cliff after nine days of marriage, pleads guilty in court.
- These are some unfortunate cases of wedding announcement names having double meaning, including the "Long-Wiwi" union and the "McDonald-Berger" couple.
- Ran out of Christmas lights? Here's how you can still keep your house festive:
- Trending on Google: Is "affluenza" a real thing? Short answer: it is if parents refuse to discipline their children.
- After a wave of criticism, Twitter has rolled back its new blocking feature, which would have allowed block parties to continue tweeting at users who had blocked them.
- The FCC has voted to approve cell phone use in airplanes, but don't get out your mobile just yet: the decision has to be opened up to public opinion, and airlines can still block use on their planes.
- Instagram unveils Instagram Direct, which will allow users to send photos and videos directly to other users.
- Your daily dose of cute: This boxer is in trouble, and he knows it.