Poor Nick. He really let's go in Rolling Stone. It was mentioned over and over that he was crying. We have written tidbits of the article but here's even more of my favorite quotes:
- "It breaks my heart that I couldn't make Jessica happy," he mumbles, his chin pressed into his chest. "I wanted to be everything to my wife. I wanted her to look at me with love in her eyes, the way she did at the beginning, and have her feel like I was the most wonderful, awe-inspiring man on the planet. And when that stopped, it was the worst feeling in the world." He wipes his face, eyes to nose to chin. "I'd marry her all over again," he says softly. "Because I still love her. It would be a lot easier to walk away if I didn't." And then the tears start again.
- "Adam and I were in a club not long ago and he came over to me to clear the air," says Lachey. "It was a two-minute conversation. He said to me: 'Nothing happened while you guys were married.' He looked me in the eyes and said that, so I chose to believe him.
- "On the day she filed for divorce, I drove to her parents' house and tried to change her mind. I had done the research and I had the number of the best marriage counselor in town. I thought we owed it to ourselves to try with a third party. You get to a point where there is so much animosity you can't hear each other. But she didn't want to go."
- "There was a prenup drawn up by my business manager. There was some question as to her spending habits. It was a way to protect me. She said she didn't want to sign it, and that was the end of it. We've always been a what's-mine-is-hers situation."
- "I could make myself crazy imagining things," he admits. "But even if she cheated five times over, I still love her. Love isn't the easiest thing to cut off."
- "I believe I can be a good husband to somebody," he says, stopping midnote. "I don't know, though. I'm oh-for-one."
Oh Nick - we bet there are a ton of ladies who would stand in line to be your next wife.
Click here to read the entire article. Get your tissues first.