Nicole Kidman did her best Marilyn Monroe impression for the 10-year anniversary issue of Australian Harper's Bazaar. All of these sex-kitten photos were taken before Nicole was sporting that baby bump, and it's a hot photoshoot to have on hand before her body goes through changes. In the article, Nicole talks about Keith, her career, and that baby on the way. Here are highlights:
- On waking up Keith at 3 a.m. when she couldn't sleep: "He said, 'OK, let's order room service and play!' Can you believe it? I have someone I can wake up who will play with me!"
- On putting her career on hold: "I'm just really focusing on this new stage in my life and I feel really blessed to be pregnant and having this baby."
- On married life: "I think it's important to be able to share your life with someone and I've experienced many things in my life but for me I've always wanted to have my best friend who will walk the journey of life with me and I've found him."
To see what else Nicole had to say about fashion and her somewhat low self-esteem, just
- On her style: "I'm not so into fashion now as I used to be. Now I know what I like and what makes me feel good so I've grown up, I suppose, and I'm happy with where I am. I don't put as much thought into all that stuff anymore because then it doesn't seem spontaneous enough. Now I look at fashion as an expression of where you are in that time in your life and sometimes it's less, and sometimes it's more."
- On her modest nature: "My nature is not one of enormous confidence and I'm not saying that out of any martyrdom for sympathy or compliments, but it's just one of my struggles in life. I love what I do but I'm the type of actress that when I get offered a role, I come up with 10 other actresses who I think would be better for it. I tried to do that with The Others but my agents were like, 'Stop, be quiet!'"
It's hard to imagine the Oscar-winning actress still thinking she should be passed up for roles, but it seems like Nicole has had her fair share of hard times and demons. Fortunately, she seems to be in a really great place right now with wonderful things to look forward to in life.