- Paris Hilton did not tweet about Nelson Mandela having made the "I Have a Dream" speech.
- Meanwhile, other celebrities and foreign dignitaries from around the world are reacting to Nelson Mandela's death.
- Kate Middleton's necklace from last night's Mandela premiere only cost $35.
- Mandy Patinkin shaved off his Saul beard.
- Amanda Bynes made her first appearance since leaving rehab.
- Beyoncé wears head-to-toe pizza, and we like it. We'll assume that's vegan pizza.
- Carrie Underwood earned mixed reviews from last night's The Sound of Music Live. Everyone liked her singing but was iffy on her acting.
Keep reading for more from today's Speed Read.
- Speaking of The Sound of Music Live, DiGiorno (yes, the pizza company) live-tweeted the entire event with hilarious results.
THE KITCHEN IS ALIVE, WITH THE SMELL OF FRESH-BAKED PIZZA #TheSoundOfMusicLive
— DiGiorno Pizza (@DiGiornoPizza) December 6, 2013
- Pantone's color of the year is "Radiant Orchid." It kinda looks like mauve to us.
- Unemployment dropped to 7 percent in November, with an added 203,000 new jobs.
- The waitress who lied about getting stiffed out a tip for being gay also apparently lied about donating the money she received from good Samaritans to the Wounded Warrior Project.
- The pollution in Shanghai has reached an all-time high. See a photo of the air quality below.
More Shanghai airpocalypse pic today: The Bund pic.twitter.com/j8Jra3CFBl
— Offbeat China (@OffbeatChina) December 5, 2013
- Gordon Ramsey battled the Swedish Chef in an Iron Chef-style battle.
- Confused about holiday tipping? Here's a guide to tipping the service people in your life.
- Your Daily Dose of Cute: Sly the Pomeranian gets a second chance at life after he is rescued from an animal shelter. Try not to tear up while watching this.