Angelina Jolie's breastfeeding W Magazine cover made headlines and sparked controversy yesterday, and while most of you thought it was tasteful, it's not the only intimate part of Angelina we'll see. We're still awaiting the full 21-page spread, but in the interview, she talks about her family, her relationship, and why she changed her mind about having children after publicly stating she would only adopt. Here's more:
- On deciding to get pregnant: "I think one of the life changing things that he did, one of many, is that I was absolutely never going to get pregnant. I never felt that it was the right thing to do . . . [Brad] stopped talking about having other kids in the other way [by natural birth]. So I suppose in my heart, I realized that he was happy with them as his children, completely. I knew he would never see them as different, and that gave me a certain peace. Then I suppose I just looked at him and loved him and just felt open to [getting pregnant]. I suddenly wanted to. It's one of those things you can't explain."
- On looking back at her decision: "Now I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. It taught me a lot about life, just the process of it, and now we have three other beautiful children that wouldn't otherwise be here."
Angelina had much more to say on Brad being the perfect partner, why she feels sexier than ever, and the twins' personalities so just read more.
- On her relationship: "I do think that I'm in a good partnership now . . . I think it just needed to be the right man. It's not just that I love being in Brad's company, which obviously I do, but it's that we both roll up our sleeves and take on what we care about in the same way. I have a lot of respect for him, and he helps me to be better and fight hard for things that I love."
- On feeling sexier post-pregnancy: "I'm with a man who's evolved enough to look at my body and see it as more beautiful because of the journey it has taken and what it has created. He genuinely sees it that way. So I genuinely feel sexier."
- On getting paid millions for the twins' pictures: "There's nothing to say other than it's bizarre. But we're happy that we have our hands on it to distribute it to people we think are worthy, rather than some paparazzi."
Angelina described Knox as "very chill" and said he "loves music" like his father, and that Vivienne is "more demanding" and "sturdier." She loves to talk about her family, but we're most excited to see the full set of photos, which hopefully includes more of a look at their newest additions.