We've been seeing new pictures of a lot of celebrity babies recently and now we get to meet Matthew McConaughey's little son, Levi! The proud father and mother Camila Alves posed with their cute, tiny newborn on this week's issue of OK Magazine! as part of their deal. The couple, Matthew especially, opened right up about Camila's labor and what they want for their son. Here's more:
- On dancing during Levi's delivery: "We found a great rhythm. Contractions started kicking in. I sat there with her, right between her legs. We got tribal on it, we danced to it! I was DJ-ing this Brazilian music. I have it all chronicled. Becoming a dad is something I've dreamed of doing since I was 10. Becoming a father felt very, very natural. We were jamming! She was sweating. No painkiller, let's go. She just clicked into that gear that only a woman has at a time like this. We'd been up for 40-something hours, and we went from dead tired to a really steadfast, 'Let's handle this… let's stay in the rhythm. Don't let the contraction be more than you.'"
- Camila on Levi: "Everybody thinks he looks like me because of the hair and skin tone. I think he looks more like Matthew every day."
- MM on Levi: "I've pulled out some baby pictures of myself, and the resemblance is amazing. This kid has a lot to learn from us. I want him to come out being a little wiser, a little cooler and a little happier than we are."
To see what the parent's reaction was to having a boy, as well as the complicated delivery just
- On delivery complications: "We ended up having an epidural because, on the large contractions, the umbilical cord was being compressed. They went in and tried the vacuum. This is where I learned — and no one tells you this — but having a baby is a bloody, pukey, sweaty, primeval thing! And I mean that as a beautiful thing. It is wild. But the vacuum didn't work, and the doctor said, 'C-section.'
- Matthew on learning Levi was a boy: "I said, 'Come here, little man.' I saw the pecker and screamed that we'd been right all along about him being a boy. Then I brought him over to her [Camila].
- Camila: "It was neat to find out what the sex was because we didn't have the doctor tell us beforehand."
Wow, leave it to Matthew to dish about all the intimate details. It is really sweet how thrilled he is to be a father, and Levi's such a cutie already. Check out the issue on newsstands tomorrow to see more photos and read more from the proud parents.