In another super revealing photo shoot, Gisele Bundchen stripped down to the bare minimum for the Fall issue of V Magazine. We knew these photos were coming — but wow, we didn't think it could get any steamier than her GQ spread. As hot as she looks on the cover, in the article Gisele assures us that it's just a role that she plays while also discussing fashion, success, and the rumors about her. Here are highlights:
- On her personal style: "I work in fashion but I’m not really a fashion person. I don’t follow trends. I couldn’t tell you which designer made that shoe or that bag. I like jeans. I like comfortable clothes. I’m all for feeling good in what you wear. I don’t do shows anymore, so I don’t even know who is doing what now. I do my job, which is to make the clothes look like they’re supposed to, and to interpret what the photographer, designer, and stylist want in a picture."
- On how modeling is playing a role: "Yes, look at these pictures. This is Gisele-as-a-super-sexy-punk-rocker-in-ripped-everything. Do you think I would ever wear that? I’m a tomboy and I’m a goofball. Never in my life would I wear anything close to those clothes. After the shoot I take the clothes off, go home, and do whatever I want. For me it’s just a job."
- On her success: "I’m a fortunate person. This job has given me a lot of opportunities—I speak five languages, know half the world, meet very interesting people, and I’m 27 years old and financially independent. So I’m not going to spit on the plate that feeds me. When I go to a job people are relying on me. Everyone—from the hair person to the caterer to the stylist—is there to do a job, and if I screw it up I’m screwing up twenty people’s day. That’s not fair. Who am I to do that? I just do what is expected of me and become the persona they want. When I’m there I’m not Gisele—’cause believe me I have opinions about everything—I’m a canvas. I’ve accepted that."
To see what else Gisele had to say about what people say and think about her, just read more.
- On what people think of her: "People will always have an opinion. Some people look at me and say, 'I can’t believe this girl is even working. She should be a cleaning lady.' And then another will say I’m beautiful. If I’m too concerned that one thinks I’m not worth a penny or the other thinks I am, where does that leave me? At the end of the day, it’s about what those people think about themselves. That catwalk wasn’t about me."
- On the rumors she hears about herself, like starring in the next Austin Powers movie: "Oh yes. And I’m the new Bond girl. And I have a clothing line with Dolce & Gabbana. I don’t know where they get this stuff. I called Domenico and Stefano and said, 'Where are my clothes, guys?' They laughed. Same thing with Austin Powers—none of it’s true. And I didn’t ask to be paid only in euros. There was something about me demanding to be paid in euros, which is false. Most of the time, I don’t even know what’s going on."
Gisele may be a self-proclaimed goofball, but it sounds like she's also got a feisty streak in her. Guess we shouldn't be surprised that a model who can pull off photos this hot has some fire in her personality, too.
Photo credit: Mario Testino