Brad Pitt got up close and personal for yet another W Magazine cover. While he's promoting Benjamin Button, he also clears the air on all of the Jen and Angelina drama. Brad usually doesn't address the so-called feud, but this time he defends his partner while also saying kind words about his ex-wife. Here's more:
- On Jen's "uncool" comment: "Listen, man, Jen is a sweetheart. I think she got dragged into that one, and then there’s a second round to all of that Angie versus Jen. It’s so created."
- On his relationship with Jen: "We still check in with each other. She was a big part of my life, and me hers. I don’t see how there cannot be [that]. That’s life, man. That’s life."
- In defense of Angelina: "What people don’t understand is that we filmed [Mr. & Mrs. Smith] for a year. We were still filming after Jen and I split up. Even then it doesn’t mean that there was some kind of dastardly affair. There wasn’t. I’m very proud of the way that it was handled. It was respectful. [The film] will mean something to our kids. It will, that’s all."
To see more photos and read what Brad had to say about gay marriage and his family life just
- On gay marriage: "People who are against gay marriage do not understand the very freedoms that they themselves are enjoying. What if someone said, 'Sorry, no Christianity here? No Judaism. Certainly no Mormons.' No one would stand for that, and I wouldn’t allow anyone to say that either. I’d fight them in the same way."
- On how his family life changed him: "I’m scared to death of death. I quit smoking. That was the only thing that got me to quit. That was it. Done."
- On the W photo spread he shot: "We have fun working together; these things bring you closer. And let me tell you, it’s really sexy to see your loved one through the lens. I went much further [than the shot of Jolie breast-feeding]. I didn’t show those."
Brad's words were clearly chosen carefully on all fronts and he manages to come off charming while navigating tricky subjects. We might even get the chance to see him tonight if he makes a surprise appearance on a taped segment for the People's Choice Awards.