Jessica Alba shows off her soft and girly side in the August UK Cosmopolitan. The actress and new mom opens up about her pregnancy, her surprise wedding, and how she never thought she'd end up where she is now. Here are some highlights:
- On falling for Cash: "We met on the set of The Fantastic Four in 2005. I remember thinking right away, 'What a great guy.' The first week we got together, he gave me a note saying, 'I really, really like you.' And that was exactly how I felt. Cash believes, as I do, in taking life as it comes. Nothing was planned – the pregnancy or the wedding – but he took it in his stride and convinced me we’d conquer all! I love that. He makes me laugh more than anyone — and he's great looking too..."
- On being pregnant: "I never felt less sexy. I mean, I wouldn’t have changed it for the world and my cravings weren't so bad — I craved citrus fruits, like lemons, oranges and grapefruit. But I wanted to get rid of all the weight. It was also a great happiness, though and I certainly didn't have any cravings not to be pregnant."
- On what surprises her about men, and double standards: "How easily they're attracted to the obvious. All you have to do is dress up in a sexy outfit. When I went blonde for Sin City three years ago, I swear I've never had more male attention. [...] I don’t like double standards. I’d never use a man for sex but I can understand why some women would – and I don’t see why they should be criticized for having the same attitude as men."
To see more photos of Jess and what she had to say about her wedding and her new life just
- On her surprise wedding: "Well, we'd talked about the possibility of having a wedding before the birth, but nothing was decided. Then we just thought, 'Why not?' We wanted to do it for ourselves, not for anyone else, so it just made sense. It was very romantic, though. Cash designed the ring himself. He decided he wanted to wear one, too — I didn't even have to force him! How he proposed is a secret but, needless to say, I said yes right away. We’re not a typical Hollywood couple. I love that he’s not an actor."
- On dating actors: "I’m way too high maintenance to be in a relationship with an actor – they’re all such divas! They take longer in hair and makeup than I do. I used to do action scenes in the TV series Dark Angel and if you roughed one of them up, they'd complain. I remember accidentally hitting one guy on the jaw and he needed a 20 minute break so he could put ice on it. He even wanted X-rays! I was like, 'Come on, get over it.'"
- On her life now: "I never thought I’d find a man before 30, let alone marry him and have his baby. I always used to meet the wrong guys – the ones who wanted to hang out for a week and see how far they could get. If you didn’t have sex in the first few days, you were either frigid or a lesbian. So I held out – and, boy, am I glad I did!"
Sounds like Jessica has been happy to roll with all the surprises and looks great where she's ended up. Now we just can't wait to see the little Honor who has helped make her glow so much.