BuzzSugar and I are down in LA for the TCAs, starting with yesterday's Fox presentations! Highlights included seeing Joshua Jackson promote Fringe, even if it was only via satellite, hearing Jerry O'Connell joke about his Tom Cruise impression, Brian Austin Green all hot and tan and — get this — hearing Jon Voight talk about Angelina Jolie and the new twins while promoting 24! Check out Buzz for more in depth coverage of all the panels and details on the new and returning shows, and here are some more of my observations from Fox's presentations and party last night on Santa Monica Pier:
- Let's cut to the chase, here's what Jon Voight had to say about Angelina and those babies: "Well, the most exciting thing is to have new children -- the most beautiful thing in the world and the most exciting thing. And when they're part of your own family it's even more exciting. . . I have not heard from her directly but I've heard little messages from her. My niece has heard but that's the only thing I know about. . .but I'm so excited to have a boy and a girl. I love her." When asked if he will visit, "As soon as I'm allowed. . . When Angie says come on over, I'll do it."
- Joshua Jackson and his Fringe co-stars were off filming in New York, but the general feeling about the show seems to be super excited. JJ Abrams was on the panel with his cowriters, but Pacey still managed to bring a hilarious lighthearted feeling to the day even just on the big screen. When one reporter said that the cow in the pilot stole the show a few times, Josh was quick to come back by reminding her that even though he wasn't in the room...he could still hear her.
- When asked whether he's heard from Tom Cruise since his parody video, Jerry O'Connell said thankfully not.
- Party highlight: playing carnival games with (and beating) Kal Penn. Also, Amanda Bynes showing up with Seth McFarlane causing more than a few whispers.
- Things got a little, uh, interesting with Karl Rove in particular at the Fox News panel — more about that over on Citizen.
To hear more from the panels including SYTYCD news and how Kiefer and Brian Austin Green looked just read more
- Sad So You Think You Can Dance news about Jessica's injuries that mean Comfort is back, though Nigel wasn't about to say anything more about it.
- Ladies (and gents) love those Prison Break boys Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell.
- During the Do Not Disturb panel, Jerry O'Connell lamented the fate of Carpoolers, but said that despite it leaving him "depressed in his underwear" at home for a couple months, it opened the door for this new job and got the attention of the new show's director Jason Bateman and writer Abraham Higginbotham.
- Brian Austin Green stayed almost silent during the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, though still looked pret-ty hot and very tan.
- Even though Kiefer was too unbelievably mobbed the moment he walked into the informal coffee break session with the 24 stars for me to get a word, it was still so great to see him back as Jack Bauer in the preview for the 24: Exile special.
There will be lots more to come as the week and TCA presentations roll on so check back here and on Buzz for all the coverage. Already starting to get excited again for Fall TV!
To see more from the party and all the stars on the panels just read more
Images include: Glenn Close, Rose Byrne, Seth MacFarlane, Jerry O'Connell, Emily Deschanel, Joely Fisher, Brian Austin Green, Jodi Lyn O'Keefe, Niecy Nash, Kal Penn, Summer Glau, Olivia Wilde, Omar Epps, Wentworth Miller, Hugh Laurie, Kathy Najimy
Images include: JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, Bryan Burk, Jeff Pinkner
Do Not Disturb
Images include: Molly Stanton, Jerry O'Connell, Niecy Nash, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jolene Purdy, Abraham Higginbotham
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Images include: John Wirth, Lena Headey, Summer Glau, Leven Rambin, James Middleton, Thomas Dekker, Josh Friedman