Gisele Bundchen shows off all of her glowing skin on the May cover of Vanity Fair. In the interview, the supermodel has a lot to say about her new husband Tom Brady and her stepson John. While her words might cause some controversy, it sounds like it's all coming from the love in her heart. Here's more:
- On falling in love with Tom: "I knew right away — the first time I saw him. We met through a friend. The moment I saw him, he smiled and I was like, That is the most beautiful, charismatic smile I’ve ever seen! We sat and talked for three hours. I had to go home for Christmas, but I didn’t want to leave. You know that feeling of, like, you can’t get enough? From the first day we met, we’ve never spent one day without speaking to each other."
- On finding out Tom's ex was pregnant: "It was definitely a surprise for both of us. In the beginning you’re living this romantic fantasy; you’re thinking, This can’t be true, it’s so good! And then, Whoops—wake-up call! We were dating two and a half months when he found out, and it was a very challenging situation. Obviously, in the beginning, it’s not the ideal thing . . . I think it was a blessing, because otherwise I don’t think I would have known what he was made of, and he wouldn’t have known what I was made of . . . Our relationship has become so much stronger, and I think I wouldn’t be as certain as I am today if it weren’t for that."
- On John: "I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me it’s not like because somebody else delivered him, that’s not my child. I feel it is, 100 percent. I want him to have a great relationship with his mom, because that’s important, but I love him the same way as if he were mine. I already feel like he’s my son, from the first day."
To read what she has to say about her ex Leo and her plans for a big family, just
- On Leo: "Leo is a really wonderful person. We still speak sometimes, and I’m friends with his mom. He still has one of my dogs. He’s done a lot for the environment, and I admire what he’s done. We know what we had; we were very young, and we grew together in a lot of ways. We were just not meant to be boyfriend and girlfriend, but I respect him enormously, and I wish him nothing but the best."
- On her future: "I would like a big family. I love children. When you come from a big family, you see that growing up you’re learning how to share. Your sisters have got your back; you’re not alone in this—‘We all support you!’ Your family provides that; it gives you a sense of safety, and it’s a very grounding feeling. That’s why I feel I can fly away, because I have those roots and they’re so deep. This is what I want to have in my life. This is why you get married—you want to create those roots together; you want to give that to your kids. I would also love to adopt a child from Brazil. When you come from São Paulo, you see five-year-olds sniffing glue on the corner. You think, If you make a difference in the life of one of them, that makes your time on this earth worthwhile. I will have a colorful family, like a rainbow. I have dogs from rescue; they are all my dogs. Children are like little angels—there’s no way you can’t love them."
Gisele also reveals that she was engaged a lot longer than people suspected, while raving about Tom throughout the interview. The couple have a second wedding coming up this Friday, and it sounds like newlywed bliss came even before they said "I do."