Katie Holmes posed for a naughty and nice photo shoot in the 70th anniversary April issue of Glamour magazine. She opens up about Tom Cruise, Suri, and how she deals with all of the media attention. She also denied any pregnancy rumors, and seems very happy with her cozy family. Here are some highlights:
- On being a mom: "Well, becoming a mother has been the most amazing experience—in an instant you become strong. You have to be a little bit wiser; it’s the most important job in the world. Of course [the responsibility scared me.] During the first couple of days [with Suri], we would just sleep right next to her to make sure she was breathing. And I was constantly learning on the job, but Tom was very helpful and supportive."
- On press about Suri: "Some of the stuff [people said] was such absolutely horrible things to say about a child. It was so uncalled for and so disgusting. Enough is enough. Yes, [Tom told me not to worry]. We were changing diapers. He said, 'I don’t want you to get upset.' And I said, 'Well, I am upset.' So we approached it together. But I definitely felt like—as a woman, as the mother of Suri—I want to handle this! My mom is very strong, and if anyone ever said anything about any of us, she would be, 'Excuse me? That’s my family!'"
- On their typical family life: "We’re all together. We like to be together, so we use the house for our [business] meetings. [We] play Yahtzee, board games, Scrabble. We grill; have pool parties. We play 'The Three Little Pigs' and Suri is the Big Bad Wolf. [Tom] reads storybooks to Suri, and we all laugh. When a good song comes on, he’ll break out in a dance. We’ll watch movies in bed—recently Madagascar and Cinderella, for Suri. We really have a good time."
To see more photos and hear what Katie has to say about Tom just
- On what Tom is really like: "He loves women; he was raised with sisters. He’s strong and intelligent and very, very funny. For my thirtieth birthday he couldn’t be in New York [where she was doing her play]. So he organized the whole audience at that show to sing “Happy Birthday” to me, and then he had a cake rolled out on the stage. But he’s not a dreamer—he just does it. He’ll say, “I think I like that movie,” and the next day, “I’m going to make that movie!”
- On always knowing she would marry Tom: "When Top Gun came out, my sisters were like, 'Oh, my God, Top Gun! Tom Cruise!' And I very confidently said, 'I’m going to marry him one day.' It wasn’t like, How do I get to Tom Cruise? It was just: I think I’m going to marry him. Why not? He’ll like me. I’m fun."
- On her work: "I want to do it all. Bad girl, good girl, complicated girl. Aren’t we all complicated? And I like all different genres: comedies, dramas, action, musicals. I’m taking jazz and ballet lessons."
Katie seems confident in her relationships and happy with her family life and we can't complain either since we love seeing her out with Tom and adorable little Suri.