Blake Lively looks every bit the movie star on the October cover of Allure, but inside she tells the magazine she never intended to become an actress at all. In fact, another one of her passions, food, dominates the interview. The Gossip Girl star, who hit Paris in last night's OMG-filled season premiere, says she dreams of opening restaurants to feature her favorite family recipes. She prefers not to talk about her romance with costar Penn Badgley, but she is more than happy to share her baking triumphs. Blake stars opposite Ben Affleck in The Town, which just had its big premiere at the Toronto Film Festival over the weekend, and she also reveals how she made the part hers. Here are highlights:
- On her role in The Town: "The part was originally supposed to be for a 37-year-old woman–she's a mother–but when I read the script, I knew I had to have the part. It was selfish of me. I worried that I would ruin it for other people. But I had to try it."
- On keeping her private life private: "My anonymity is something I treasure. Wanting to be an actor and wanting to be famous are different."
- On her dreams of domesticity:: "I want babies! Lots of babies."
- On her love of eating internationally: "I take a cooking class everywhere I travel. I find it's the best way to get to know a culture. It's what people bring to the family every day, what they break bread over–it's a very intimate thing."
- On her unexpected career: "I come from a family of actors, and I didn't want to act...You make your mistakes on a bigger screen for everyone to see."
- On one of her favorite foodie accomplishments: "The best thing I made was a chocolate Grand Marnier with homemade fresh chocolate peanut butter, caramelized candied pecans, and dark chocolate chunks."