Diane Kruger strikes a seductive pose on the July cover of Allure. She transformed into a sixties bombshell for the shoot and showcases a glamorous Jason Wu gown inside, as the magazine looks back at her style evolution. She's been enjoying romantic strolls around the globe with Joshua Jackson and no matter where her luxurious travels may take her she has one rule for her nightly beauty routine. She also dishes on the lengths she'll go to for fashion, her thoughts on marriage and Joshua Jackson's first visit to her hometown. Here's more:
- On her beauty routine: "I must be very careful with my skin from modeling and working under hot lights; I break out easily. I never go to sleep without taking off my makeup."
- Giving up comfort for fashion: "Two years ago, I wore an haute couture gown to the Venice Film Festival, and it had a full-on corset—it was gorgeous, but it was a runway piece, and it hadn't been made for life. The bodice didn't have one of those openings at the bottom. I nearly fainted because it was so tight, and I had to go to the bathroom so badly, but it would have taken an hour to get out of that dress. But! It was soooo gorgeous!"
To hear what she has to say about Joshua and marriage, just
- Diane on marriage: “I’m not religious, so that aspect of it means nothing. And don’t get me wrong—I believe in commitment. But out of experience I know if that goes away, no paper you have signed will keep you around.”
- On the perception that she’s a stiff German: “People look at me and think, Oh she’s from Germany, she looks so composed...but I think I’m a good joke teller, and I like pretty crass jokes.”
- On what Joshua Jackson thought while visiting her German hometown: “When Josh visited my hometown with me, he said, ‘How did you get out of here?"
- On her first kiss: “I remember the music I kissed to, too, my favorite bad 80’s music. ‘Hello’ by Lionel Richie, Sade, Depeche Mode. I still love that stuff.”