V Man rounded up a few hot actors who star in vampire series for their upcoming issue, which hits newsstands on April 20 and also features Shrek. Kellan Lutz, who has been busy introducing his mother to girlfriend AnnaLynne McCord and getting more new roles, was first up. He chatted with the magazine about his love for fight scenes, as well as his sexy CK underwear adds. Joining Kellan was his Eclipse costar Xavier Samuel, as well Details cover model and True Blood leading man Ryan Kwanten. All three guys opened up about their newfound success, saying:
- Kellan on his enthusiasm for action scenes: "I like getting hurt. I don’t have tattoos, so my bruises and scars are my tattoos."
- Ryan on the True Blood writers: "They never rest on their laurels when it comes to figuring out new ways to shock people. Every time we get a new script we all just sort of sit around in awe. It’s like, 'Are we really going to make this?' Honestly, I’m just as shocked and surprised as everyone else who watches the show."
- Xavier on being not-so-new to the acting scene: “It’s often the case that breaking actors have been breaking out for years."
- Kellan on following in Mark Wahlberg's CK footsteps: "I can only pray I have half the opportunities he’s had. Those are hard boxer briefs to fill."
Images courtesy Amanda de Cadenet and Doug Inglish for V Man
To read what else the guys have to say, just
- Ryan on what separates him from his True Blood character: "I’m a pretty down-to-earth, private kind of guy and this character is so impulsive, so lacking of any forethought or any kind of willpower. It’s great to be constantly required to throw all caution to the wind and play someone so wild."
- Kellan on his CK underwear billboard on Sunset Boulevard in LA: "It’s kind of weird to drive by."
- Ryan on coming from Australia: "People back home knew me because I’d done a soap opera there for a few years. After that job ended, I came to the States for what was supposed to be a five-day holiday. I basically never left."
- Xavier on missing his native Australia: "I want to get back to Australia and do a film there. It’s important to remember your roots."