Jessica Alba glammed up with a mani-pedi yesterday afternoon as she prepped to host the opening of the Beverly Hills Rimowa store last night. The actress looked radiant in bold blue eyeliner and a look by Lanvin at the luxury luggage brand's party, which also drew the likes of Brad Goreski, Amy Smart, and True Blood star Joe Manganiello. We spoke with the soon-to-be mother of two, who told us she's been working to juggle pregnancy while caring for her toddler, Honor. The duo are back in LA following a girls' getaway to Cabo, where Jessica showed off her baby bump in a bikini and splashed in the water with her daughter. Jessica's career keeps her jet-setting for much of the year, so she also shared her expert travel tips and revealed the item she and Honor both require when they fly. Jessica said:
- On how pregnancy is different the second time around: "I'm chill. I was freaked my first time going into labor. Like, what if I panic? What if I just freak out and I don't know what to do? It's a little bit harder on the body because my daughter still wants to be picked up. Ever since my belly popped, she really is on me!"
- On why it's important to have a nice suitcase: "For me, a great luggage is like a great pair of shoes because I use my luggage so much. And I'm that girl that actually uses the lifetime warranty on my luggage because my zippers break all the time and I sit on my luggage. It never fails, no matter how big the luggage or how many pieces I have, I have to sit on my luggage to close it. It's nice to have something that's literally indestructible, and there's nothing like this brand . . . I also like that it's chic and it's understated, and it's like a mixture of masculine and feminine. You get that little bit of shine, but it's still quite sturdy."
- On how traveling with kids changes things: "It's two suitcases you have to sit on to close!"
- On her travel essentials: "Eye cream. I have a blanket that I travel with . . . it's so dorky! But I travel with it on the plane all the time, and Honor has one too, actually."
- On her packing tips: "I use these bags inside my luggage that take out all the air, and keeps everything separate. And then when something gets dirty, on one side is clean and one side is dirty. It keeps everything compartmentalized and organized. And I pack in outfits. If I have three days and three nights, I literally have the entire outfit together, so I don't have to think."
- On her favorite Summer read: "I just got a new one that I just started, that's a little depressing, called Room. But I just finished the Patti Smith book [Just Kids] and it was great."