Reese Witherspoon dressed up for the cover of Glamour's January issue, which hits newsstands on Dec. 7. She's also front and center in a spread shot by photographer Ellen von Unwerth — check out even more of the gorgeous pictures. Reese has a lot on her plate between filming This Means War and her upcoming promotional tour for How Do You Know, but she took time to open up to the magazine about the importance of family, the possibility of having more kids, and her love for romantic comedies. She said:
- On feeling sexy: "I think as a woman, you get older, you feel more confident in your sexuality. You’re not as intimidated by it, not as embarrassed by it. Sexuality and femininity is an accumulation of age and wisdom and comfort in your own skin. I feel better—so much better now than I ever did in my twenties. I am calmer; I know who I am. And as a result, I feel much sexier. There’s always going to be somebody younger or sexier. That’s why I like to say, and it’s become my famous line, ‘Funny doesn’t sag.'"
- On having more kids: "I would love to have more kids. Kids are the best part of my day. I don’t wake up to make movies. I wake up to hang out with my family."
- On making romantic comedies: "I love romantic comedies. I watch them all the time. I love all my fellow female romantic comedy queens, like Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Garner and Katie Heigl. I also think that the questions romantic comedies ask about men and women are universal."
- On dating a non-celebrity vs. a celebrity: "I have a little perspective on this. I wouldn’t say it’s easier. Every relationship has its own dynamic. And I don’t want to disparage any of the other relationships that I’ve had that were meaningful and wonderful. But what I’m finding out is that it’s very comfortable to be with somebody who understands my career, but doesn’t do what I do. He’s a great guy. He’s wonderful."
- On her blessed life: "I’m really, really lucky. I’ve got a lot of love in my life. I’ve got great friends. I have two great kids whom I make pancakes for every Sunday. I’m very blessed."