Rihanna scored the September Glamour cover, where she sports a striking Dolce & Gabbana backless top, sequins pants, and a playful smile. Inside the magazine, Rihanna talks about drama, her friendship with Katy Perry, and being a role model for young girls. The conversation isn't entirely PG, since Rihanna also dishes on what she likes in the bedroom. Rihanna doesn't share much about her upcoming foray into acting, though you can see her alongside costars Alexander Skarsgard, Brooklyn Decker, and Taylor Kitsch in the first Battleship trailer Here's more from Rihanna's interview, which is due out on newsstands Aug. 9:
- On style: "Getting dressed, I want to pick the most bizarre pair of shorts so I can figure out how to make it look right, or work an outfit that will make people go, “What the hell is she wearing?"
- On dealing with how messy life can get: "I think honesty is the ultimate liberation in life. People want to shy away from the truth and keep sweeping it under the rug. But after a while, you pick up the rug and there’s just way too much dirt, so you might as well just be up front about it."
- On being a role model for young girls: "I want to set the right example and, at the same time, live my life. . . . I feel like pop stars can’t be rock stars anymore because they have to be role models, and it takes the fun out of it for us, because we just want to have fun with art."
- On liking dominant guys in the bedroom: "I play a very dominant role in my life, in every aspect of it. And I like to feel like a lady still, at some point. I feel like that’s the time when a guy really gets to be a man, and I get to be a woman. And if I’m being a man in the bedroom too, there’s nothing really in it for me."
- On staying honest: "My whole life changed a couple years ago. That’s when I decided to let my guard down completely. There’s freedom in honesty. If you just face it today, tomorrow you can move on to something else."
- On hating drama . . . and perfection: "I hate drama. But at the same time, nothing bothers me more than when life’s perfect. And that’s the sick part. I just love a challenge, whether it’s a relationship, my career, clothing . . . "
- On her friendship with Katy Perry: "All my friends are guys, to be completely honest. But when I met her, it was such a breath of fresh air. I just couldn’t believe this chick had no edit button. . . . Katy and Lady Gaga came out of the gate exactly the way they think, the way they wanna dress, the way they wanna speak."
Too see what Rihanna had to say about sex and drama, just