Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Amy Adams (American Hustle) was born in Italy to a military family.
- Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine) has been married for 17 years but got engaged after three weeks of dating.
- Sandra Bullock's (Gravity) most commercially successful film is Gravity.
- Judi Dench (Philomena) has macular degeneration and can no longer read or watch films.
- Meryl Streep (August: Osage County) dated her The Deer Hunter costar John Cazale, who also played Fredo in The Godfather, until his death in 1978.