Posts for July 16th 2006
Everybody is talking about the JT article where he admits to doing drugs. WOW - what a shocker. Do we really think anyone in Hollywood has not experimented to some extent? The Observer article where JT admits to using is actually really interesting. They talk about his new record and how he was influenced by Bowie and Prince. They describe his vision and the talented producers involved in his latest album. You can tell how much passion he has for music. He even mentions his fellow peers like Britney and Christina. Here's the buzzing drug quotes:
'What I really think is that I've never done anything that bad,' he says. 'I don't show up drunk to functions; the drugs that I do have been in my own private time. I've never been arrested - though not to say that I won't!
.... When asked if he'd ever want to be president of the United States - 'I've done way too many drugs already,' he responds, without missing a beat. 'I've already inhaled and I've already...who knows. I don't know if I want that responsibility.' So what's he done? 'I fear that if I said that, I'd fuel the fire, so forgive me,' he says. 'I'm just like everyone else, I get completely plastered, I've done my fair share of drugs and I've been caught places with my pants down; it's just I make sure there are no cameras around. If we get into this whole [drugs] conversation we don't have enough time. Some drugs haven't been legalised because it will ruin the other drugs, like nicotine and tobacco. Nicotine is more addictive than heroin. I'll leave the preaching to the preachers - my grandfather's a preacher - but I believe you don't do anything to excess. They always say too much of a good thing could be a bad thing. I try to live my life in a well-rounded manner. We all make mistakes.
Congrats to the happy couple who got married yesterday afternoon in Montecito. Seems like the punk pop star went for the traditional vibe when it came to her big wedding day. She wore Vera Wang (one for the ceremony and one for the reception), walked down the aisle with her father and had rose petals thrown at them after their 20 minute ceremony. People reports:
At the outdoor, non-denominational ceremony, Lavigne was walked down the aisle by her father, John, to Mendelssohn's "Wedding March." She wore a Vera Wang gown and carried a bouquet of white roses.
The couple said their vows under an awning decorated with white flowers in front of 110 guests, including family and friends from their native Ontario.
Once the groom had kissed the bride, guests tossed rose petals at the newlyweds as they walked back up the aisle.
After the wedding, guests were to be treated to an outdoor cocktail hour before the reception, including a sit-down dinner, under a tent on the estate. In contrast to the all-white ceremony, the reception will have a red theme, with centerpieces of red roses and other flowers.
The couple's first dance is expected to be to the Goo Goo Dolls' "Iris."
Congrats to the happy couple.
- HBO is all new with Deadwood, Entourage, Lucky Louie and Dane Cook's Tourgasm
- Showtime has a new Brotherhood
- WB has back to back repeats of Charmed
- ABC is all repeats with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy
- NBC is all repeats with Dateline, Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Crossing Jordan
- CBS has a new Big Brother: All Stars and then repeats of Cold Case and Without A Trace
- FOX is all repeats with The Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy and The War At Home
- TLC has a Miami Ink marathon
- VH1 has a repeat of I Love the '70s Volume II, a new My Fair Brady: We're Getting Married and a repeat World Series of Pop Culture
- E! is all new with Forbes Celebrity 100: Who Made Bank and The Simple Life: 'Til Death Do Us Part
- USA is all new with The 4400 and The Dead Zone
- OLN has the Tour de France: Stage 14