Looks like there is at least one celebrity these days who doesn't mind admitting the obvious. We suspected Cate Blanchett was carrying her third child and you all seemed to agree the rumors were to be believed. In Sydney at the premiere of her latest film Elizabeth: The Golden Age Cate was asked if she was expecting and she said, "Yes, I am. It's early days yet. It's due in April." She referred to her expected newborn as "it" in response to not knowing the sex since the press was already starting rumors that she was having a boy. Congrats to the beautiful actress and her growing family.
Posts for November 3rd 2007
Leighton Meester (aka Blair) was seen ice skating in Central Park Friday shooting a scene from an upcoming episode of Gossip Girl. I definitely missed my GG fix this week, so seeing B get into that Winter spirit has me looking forward to the rest of the season. Of all the new shows this year, I think I can say that this one is my favorite. I just hope it doesn't follow The OC going quickly downhill after the excitement in the first season. Thankfully, there's endless amount of trouble to be had for rich Manhattan teenagers. xoxo, m
To see more pictures (which are, warning, a little maybe Spoiler-y) just read more
EW.com readers have named Angelina Jolie and Wentworth Miller "The Ultimate Hotties." Among others, Angelina beat out Raquel Welch and Marilyn Monroe to claim the top female spot. While over in the men's category, Wentworth completely blew away the competition. What do you think - are Angelina and Wentworth the ultimate hotties?
Congrats to Snarl, yesterday's winner in our Celebrity Faceoff Contest with the fabulous score of 57!!! In case you hadn't heard, we're giving away a daily prize to the highest scorer on our Celebrity Faceoff Game! If you've never played, check it out to test your skills at guessing who is more famous. Believe me, it's not always who you think! As always, the celebrity rankings are chosen by who you all have been picking to win. Today's contest will end at 10:59pm Pacific Time. At that time whoever is at the top of today's leaderboard will win a $100 Amazon gift card! For Official Rules, click here.
Jessica Simpson made her way through LAX with her two favorite accessories in tow, LV and the always adorable Daisy. This time she stepped it up with a flashy snake skin bag, too. Perhaps she's headed to New York for another rendezvous with Owen? We may be a little too excited about one date especially since he was biking around town with a different lady friend a few days ago, but wouldn't it be fun to see where it all goes? We're down to see how a romantic comedy between these two would turn out.
More of Jessica and Daisy making their way through the airport so just read more
All sorts of random celebrities came out on Thursday night for the La Dolce Vita Benefit for the Sarah Ferguson Foundation at Cipriani in NYC. The original Fergie happily posed on the red carpet with an equally excited Brandy and Natasha Bedingfield. LL Cool J asserted his status as number one. Meanwhile, what happened to Jason Lewis' hotness? Where did it go? Hopefully it'll be back in full Absolut Hunk mode in the Sex and the City movie. I wonder if Natasha sang the song that will forever be The Hills theme song in my mind? Fun times.
To see more from the party including Clive Davis, Damon Dash, Mario and others just read more
It was all about Halloween this week, from Reese and Jake's outing with Deacon to Nick Lachey's D*** in a Box and Kate Beckinsale's family coordinated costumes. Heidi Klum, Roberto Cavalli, Kate Hudson and Paris (of course) threw their own parties, while other celebs took their kids out instead. Never one for understatement, Britney had not one, but two Halloween celebrations. Even us Sugar girls dressed up. Here's what else went down:
- After skipping Halloween, Lindsay spent some QT with Riley and finally sold her LA condo, which should give her the funds to continue her shopping sprees.
- After a quick trip to Paris and a short stop in Spain, Ben Affleck was back in NYC to catch Jennifer, Glamour magazine's woman of the year, in her Broadway debut.
- Posh and Becks were reunited in LA earlier this week, when Posh debuted her new brunette 'do. David opened up to Arena magazine about how he and Victoria keep their romance alive, before supporting BFF Tom at the premiere of Lions for Lambs and Victoria debuted her new Spice Girls video.
- It was the week of Blackout for Britney, as her new album hit stores on Monday. She wasn't doing any promotion, but she made time for a brief chat with Ryan Seacrest. After her bad review from her parenting coach earlier this week and getting served with papers for a new lawsuit, hopefully her time with SPF and JJ cheered her up.
- While Joel was in Munich at the MTV Europe VMAs, Nicole stayed behind in LA to dine with her fellow starlets and deny those pesky smoking rumors.
- Christina and Jordan continued to prepare for their baby, doing a little shopping for their home and buying toys before celebrating Halloween together.