Taylor Swift took home the biggest award of the evening, Video of the Year, for "Our Song" at last night's Country Music Television Awards in Nashville.
Posts for April 14th 2008
Vacationing twosome Sienna Miller and Rhys Ifans stopped for gas in LA on Monday.
Paris Hilton and Benji Madden left their London hotel hand-in-hand on Monday.
- Happy Hour: Sugar and Lotus' party drinks: Sugarade and TechPunch
- Reminder! Gap Design Editions arrive in stores today
- Movie preview: Battle in Seattle
- Mini me: Jason Bateman and Francesca
- New product alert: Benefit Lust Dust Shimmer Dusters
- Treats for your dog: Sprinkles Cupcakes
- Savvy interview: Why you should ask for more at work
- Love it or hate it? Owl lamp
- Citizen quiz: Do you know your US territories?
- DearSugar quiz: Are you too nosey?
- A perfect internet storm: Rick Astley meets "Chocolate Rain"
- Battlestar Gallactica recap quiz — "Six of One"
- Bride puts her bridesmaids on a diet
- Spring cleaning, good for your health?
- bluesuze wants to know: What part of Spring cleaning do you hate the most?
In addition to endorsing her line of hair extensions at the 41st Cosmoprof Fair in Bologna, Paris Hilton proudly wore her name on her chest (in hot pink, no less) and casually sipped on her own canned prosecco. It's a rare day that Paris doesn't make her presence known, but now she's going to have to work overtime. Apparently Mischa Barton is about to join her as a fellow groupie girlfriend, following around her own boyfriend whose band Rooney is opening for Good Charlotte. Paris is already jealous about sharing the spotlight, but we think they should just open up some more prosecco and call a truce.
Pregnant Nicole Kidman held her husband Keith Urban's hand as they walked the red carpet at the 2008 CMT Awards in Nashville on Monday night.
Project Runway Gets Two Spinoffs on Lifetime Though the whole Project Runway vs. NBC lawsuit is yet to be settled, Lifetime is moving forward as though it will be airing the show in the Fall for sure. And that's not all: At a presentation on Monday, Harvey Weinstein told reporters that Lifetime will be airing not one but two spinoffs of the show around the same time as the show's November premiere.
Actor/producer/husband/step-dad Ashton Kutcher is a busy man, but he cleared a little time in his schedule for May's Details. After his rather interesting and possibly controversial photoshoot, the star of What Happens in Vegas sat down with the magazine to let it all out. Here's more:
- On Demi: “She was the first person who would call me on my shit. She didn’t need me. She straight up didn’t need me. She wanted me, but she didn’t need me, so she could put it on the line . . . I’ve literally just been voted the world’s most eligible bachelor and I’m like, 'I’m going off the market. I’ve found the one.' If I had thought about it I would have been like, 'Nah, nah.' But what can you do? When you’re in that deep, you can’t think.”
- On his relationship with Demi's daughters: “I’m able to give them things their parents can’t give them, because it’s a different relationship. I don’t have all the past.”
- On getting over his jealousies: “You walk into a relationship and there’s always jealousies, like, 'Oh, the other guy' - and in this case the other guy is Bruce Willis! But my wife’s a smart individual, one of the smartest people I know. If she likes and respects this person, then I think I can get over my jealousy.”
- On hard work: “It wasn’t until I was 25 that I plugged into the idea that we all come here to earn it. Because if we don’t earn it, we don’t appreciate any of it. You know what I mean? Gravity is pushing us down. We wake up every f---ing morning and gravity is pushing us down. When a kid stands up for the first time we all f---ing cheer, and the kid feels good about standing, and for the rest of his life he is going to be standing up. The reason he feels good about it is because he fought against gravity and he stood up.”
Ashton has his hands full with his many projects, but it's always a treat to hear him gush about the special ladies in his life ... even if he sometimes sounds just a touch crazytown. Ha. He didn't make the cut last year, but maybe 2008 will be Ashton's time for ranking at the top of our list of the hardest working stars.