- How to create a smoky eye for green eyes
- Sneak peek! Mulberry for Target lands Oct. 10
- What's the best couples costume you've seen?
- Get the Halloween party started with online invitations
- Cool idea: no-paint stripes for renters
- First look: Franco, Portman, Deschanel go medieval in Your Highness
- Simplicity is key in saving money and keeping your sanity
- Furry Frisbee 101: ready, set, fetch!
- Which foods are the richest in antioxidants?
- Cool! Add spooky effects to your Halloween pics
- An elegant breakfast idea from chef Laurent Tourondel
- Roundup: a feel for copper
Posts for October 6th 2010
Happy Wednesday — time to guess!
Gwen Stefani picked up her soccer-loving son Kingston from school in Beverly Hills yesterday, and today, Gavin stepped out in LA to launch Hot Wheels' new Stealth Ride toy cars with a group of enthusiastic elementary schoolers. We had a chance to catch up with half of the eight-years-married couple this morning, chatting with Gavin on fatherhood and his music. While Kingston and Zuma weren't along for the outing, Gavin spent some playtime with the local kids and promised to bring home "about 55" toy cars for his two sons — check out tomorrow's PopSugar Rush for more from Gavin! He said:
- On what it was like to reunite with Bush: "I love it. I mean, I had a good time doing the solo record and that. In fact, here we are at The Grove, and I played at The Grove for the Summer Series a few months ago and that was brilliant. But it's great to be back in my band. The new record will be coming out soon and it feels great to be back where I belong."
- On why he loved Hot Wheels as a kid: "I liked seeing how indestructible they were, like from what heights you could drop them or throw them and they would survive. How the paint would chip when you beat them up. And I always liked things that were scuffed up and beaten, I didn't like the new things."
- On why Kingston and Zuma weren't in tow today: "I was going to bring my boys out . . . I thought they'd love the cars, and then I found out there's load of kids coming from a local school, so I just figured it was better to do it with them. [But I'll] get some cars to take home."
- On what he shares in common with his two boys: "I just see what they're into. That's what I like. And also their reactions — like the older one, he doesn't like to go to school and nor did I, so there's a sad irony to that. So I try and make the best of it."
- On whether he and Gwen might team up on a track: "No, we don't collaborate like that — just on children!"
To see more pictures of Gavin, Gwen, and Kingston, just read more
Peter Facinelli showed his love for Mexican beer by sporting a Dos Equis hat in LA yesterday. He's already in NYC today, though, getting ready to start filming Nurse Jackie. Peter has a few weeks to focus on his small-screen role before suiting up again as Dr. Carlisle Cullen when he reunites with old and new costars to shoot Breaking Dawn. He just got a first look at the next Twilight movie's script and tweeted today that he thinks it's "awesome." His cast-mates Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are currently off enjoying dinner dates and concerts, though they'll soon join Peter to prep for the intense birthing scene of their fictional daughter.
Jessica Alba and a friend brought Honor Warren along yesterday for an afternoon of shopping for CDs at Best Buy. Honor might not have had much to say in the music department, but she showed her fair share of enthusiasm as Jess and her pal swung her on the way out to their car. It was their latest mother-daughter outing, after a recent day spent adorably painting pottery and off at a friend's birthday party. Jessica is back into mommy mode after traveling the world to promote her latest movie, Machete. She managed to thrill fans with her outfits while out on the red carpet, but Jess still maintains she doesn't feel like a great-looking movie star at all.
To see more Jessica, just read more