- Celebrating the sexiest man alive Ryan Reynolds
- Jazz up mashed potatoes with cheese
- Learn how to get Mad Men-style winged eyeliner
- Advice for renting with pets
- Geeky gifts for your boss
- The spinster myth lives, even if no one says it
- Out of the pan: hot lunch from the muffin tin
- Nicky Hilton gives us her top 10 holiday dresses — and how to style them!
- Coveted crib: Tony Baratta's maximalist Manhattan apartment
- Savings 101: shopping and saving Black Friday and beyond
- The 4 best dinners in the frozen food aisle
- Help a reader decide what to do with her annual raise
Posts for November 17th 2010
Feeling lucky? Then let's play!
Kate Hudson brought her main men Ryder and Matt Bellamy along yesterday to pick up ice cream in LA. The trio's out on the West Coast again, following a stint in the Big Apple for Kate and Matt. The six-month strong couple jets between the coasts regularly, as he continues touring with Muse and she tends to her various social and professional obligations. One of Kate's current gigs is as the face of Almay, and she recently spoke to WWD about what beauty means to her and lessons she's learned from her mother, Goldie Hawn. Kate said:
- On her definition of beauty: "This will come out clichéd and slightly cheesy, but it starts with attitude, personality and kindness — and a little bit of hygiene. The most beautiful women are the most fun and compassionate. But then every once in a while a woman walks into a room and she is just strikingly gorgeous. The image of a mother is the most beautiful thing."
- On making time for yourself: "When you’re busy and have kids and a career and are in a relationship and are trying to balance everything, it’s always important to take some time out for yourself each day. My mom taught me that. No matter what it is. Painting your toenails or meditation or reading a book. Exercise is vital."
- On her mom Goldie's tips to looking good: "Sleep. And her green juice. She has this thing for greens and high levels of chlorophyll. The juice is made with water and kale and spinach and omegas and ﬂaxseed oil. I just had one of my mom’s green juices this morning."
- On being low or high maintenance: "I come somewhere in between. Nobody wants to admit it. Of course my brothers would say I am high and my friends would say low. But if you saw me right now, I’m deﬁnitely low maintenance, with chipped polish and hair not brushed. In terms of beauty regimen, I am deﬁnitely low maintenance. But in terms of work and laziness, I don’t like when people are lazy. When it comes to work, I am high maintenance. I expect everybody to show up."
Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan stuck together last night for the launch of GQ's Style Manual at the LA boutique Confederacy. The duo were out to celebrate the magazine's new book, but they're also featured in another current publication — Jenna shared a cute photo of her and Channing for People's Sexiest Men of the Year edition. Jenna has been hanging in California this Fall making the scene at events and awards shows while Channing was off shooting The Vow in Toronto. The movie is just one of many projects on his plate, and fans can look forward to his upcoming The Dilemma and The Eagle next year. Channing and Jenna were able to spend much of the Summer together, though, teaming up for charity and enjoying a shirtless- and bikini-filled anniversary getaway to Italy.
Violet Affleck hung on tight around mom Jennifer Garner's neck out in Brentwood yesterday. Jennifer did an impressive balancing act, juggling her daughter's Scooby Doo lunchbag and a coffee in her other arm as they returned to their car. Violet is just two weeks away from her fifth birthday on Dec. 1, but before celebrating that milestone it's time for family Thanksgiving. Ben is currently back in Oklahoma shooting his mysterious Terrence Malick movie, though he got a break to spend a few sweet days with Jennifer, Violet, and Seraphina earlier in the month, and hopefully he'll also have a few days off to join his girls for the holiday.