- 10 ways to achieve Fall's military trend
- A gastronomical tour of Maui
- Gear up for Fall premieres with a look back at last season's finales
- Bravo, Bellissima! Brad and Angelina snap up a gorgeous villa in Italy
- Why new block-shaped lipsticks can work wonders for your lips
- 10 truly terrible tales about roommates from hell
- Daughters and divorce: A new study says parents with girls are more likely to split
- 5 great iPhone apps for job seekers
- Give it up to get fit with our new, healthy challenge
- Your daily dose of cuddly cuteness
- Get the picture: New site Twaggies.com illustrates hilarious tweets
- Nothing like the real thing: Do you let your kids have sugar substitutes?
Posts for September 8th 2010
It's time to start guessing!
January Jones wore a white fur hat and go-go boots on the set of X Men: First Class this morning in Buckinghamshire, England. The Mad Men actress was joined by an identically dressed stunt double as she filmed sky-high action scenes in a helicopter. The retro outfit January sported at work today was a big change from her fashion-forward Emmys look and the glamorous gown she wore in a recent issue of Rolling Stone. She graced the magazine's cover with her TV costars Elisabeth Moss, Christina Hendricks, and Jon Hamm, who's currently off tending to his own big-screen career. He's also in Europe this week, promoting his upcoming movie The Town at the Venice Film Festival.
To see more pictures of January at work, just read more
Katie Holmes played up her green eyes with enhancing violet makeup for the cover of Marie Claire's October issue. The Romantics star has been making the promotional rounds leading up to the release of her film on Friday, and last night she joined her fashionable costars at the NYC premiere. Katie partied into the evening with her thoughtful husband, Tom Cruise, but their daughter Suri missed out on the adults' only affair. Katie, though, told the magazine that she likes to keep Suri on a certain schedule whereever in the world they happens to be, and the actress also shared about being Mrs. Cruise and expanding their family. Here's more:
- On being Mrs. Cruise: "It's really exciting. Tom's as big at home as he is on the movie screen. He's so passionate about everything, whatever he's doing. When he's being a dad, he's right there;he's giving it his all. It's inspiring and it's fun. It's an amazing life, but we always remind ourselves of how incredibly lucky we are."
- On having more children: "Maybe in a couple of years, but right now I want to make sure I'm really there for Suri. I'm the youngest in my family-my closest sister is 5 years older than me, and the next one is nine years ahead of me, so I was a bit of an only child, and I liked it! I liked having all of my mom's attention, and sometimes I think I still do."
- What she hopes to pass along to Suri: “We travel a lot, and so for me, it’s keeping a daily schedule for Suri that never changes. We wake up, and we do the same thing. She does her chores. I think it’s very important. If she doesn’t get her chores done, I notice she’s not really herself. She has to make her bed, she has to take her dishes to the sink, she has to put her clothes in the laundry — you know, that basic stuff. I try to do what my mom did for me … just spending time with her, making doll clothes and planting in the garden … When Suri comes to the set, we have art projects, and I just try to keep her busy and inspired.”