- 6 ways to send holiday cards online or from your phone
- Filet mignon crostini: an easy, elegant Thanksgiving app
- How to get a gorgeous, sexy Victoria's Secret makeup look
- Take a look back at the Radio City Rockettes
- Make the skies friendlier with these Holiday family travel tips
- Essential work pieces that aren't totally tired
- This Thanksgiving, add glam metallics to your tablescape
- Godly good looks: hot immortals & warriors in movies
- Find out when stores open on Black Friday this year
- Video: Jessica Simpson worries that her baby will be "too much like me"
- Try traditional Thanksgiving side dishes with a vegan spin
- How foster families can help furry friends
- Find out where Guy Fieri is visiting next on Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives!
- PopSugar SF: this holiday, gift cookbooks from famed SF chefs
- Blake joins Jessica, Chace, and more at the Versace for H&M blowout
Posts for November 9th 2011
Darren Aronofsky, acclaimed director of Black Swan and The Wrestler, teamed up with The Meth Project to direct four public service announcements depicting young adults in horrifying situations following meth use. Watch one of the four here, and visit methproject.org to view the rest and read more about the awareness campaign.
Twilight fan Rachel Zoe told us she almost gave her son a name that was inspired by the saga! The superstylist said she watched the vampire films all throughout her pregnancy and can't wait to see Breaking Dawn in the theater. Check out our Twilight chat with Rachel in today's PopSugar Rush!
All eyes were on a glowing Mariah Carey during a Jenny Craig event at the Four Seasons in NYC this afternoon. She wore a body-hugging red dress for the appearance, which was hosted by Gayle King. Mariah's been talking about her dramatic weight loss after giving birth to twins Moroccan and Monroe in May, and recently shared that she gained over 70 pounds during her pregnancy. The singer stopped by The Rosie Show yesterday to tell her story and explained that she had a really "tough pregnancy” but that "it was a huge blessing to be able to have the babies." Mariah's also flaunting her abs on the cover of Us Weekly and, inside the issue, talks about the fitness and diet plan that helped get her back in shape.
The action began backstage at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in NYC today! Hairstylist Orlando Pita and lead makeup artist Lauren Cosenza were in charge of transforming the models into Angels, and girls like Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio, and Adriana Lima squeezed in interviews between primping sessions. Kanye West, who's performing during tonight's show, popped between the beauty stations to say hello to some of the ladies. He was introduced to Miranda Kerr, then gave rumored lady friend Chanel Iman a big hug. The press was running all over to talk to the models, but when Kanye arrived, things really hit the fan!
Miranda Kerr spoke with us about her husband Orlando Bloom, who's attending the show this evening, and what their family will do over the holidays. Adriana Lima shared a sweet anecdote about her daughter Valentina having a playdate with Alessandra Ambrosio's little one Anja, who apparently has some angel wings of her own already.
- Alessandra on her daughter Anja's exposure to the show: "She came to the rehearsal — she's not allowed to come to the show yet! She was on the runway with me. She was just playing model, she was being an Angel . . . She didn't see the costumes, she only saw the wings. She saw the wings, and she was like, 'Mama! I have all these wings too at home! I have a butterfly, I have angel wings!' She has tons of wings, she was comparing our angel wings with hers."
- Miranda on the trick to wearing Angel wings: "The wings are good! They're very heavy. You just do the best you can with the wings. Part of me is a little bit nervous because I don't want to be bopping down the catwalk. The aim is to glide down the catwalk. But when you have wings on you kind of bob a little bit."
- Adriana on her daughter Valentina's playdate with Alessandra's daughter: "My baby, Valentina, actually I brought her yesterday for rehearsal. She did see my shoes, she fell in love with the wings. She walked on the runway. It was so cute. She had such a fun day yesterday. Alessandra's baby was here too, Anja, they were having a little playdate!"
- Miranda on her and Orlando's holiday plans: "I think we'll probably be in Australia, so that will be nice. Because Orlando's filming The Hobbit down there."
Brad Pitt was in premiere mode today for a screening of Moneyball during the Tokyo International Forum for film. Angelina was in a chic and simple, tight red dress to join Brad on the carpet, and the couple held hands before striking their poses for photographers. Brad was solo afterward, though, when he took the stage to address reporters before the screening and pose with some Japanese baseball players. Brad, Angelina, and their kids arrived in the country just yesterday following a Fall spent in Europe. The Jolie-Pitts moved from Malta to Scotland, England, and on to Hungary as Brad shot World War Z. Next up for Brad and Angelina will be her busy Winter promoting In the Land of Blood and Honey, and, perhaps, a jam-packed award season if either picks up nominations for their various film endeavors.
Jessica Simpson says she is having a "spiritual" pregnancy and explains that while she is not nervous about becoming a mother, she is a little worried her child will turn out too much like her. Hear more from the mom-to-be in today's PopSugar Rush!
Katie Holmes was up bright and early again today for a taping of the Rachael Ray Show in NYC. It's the latest stop on her East Coast Jack and Jill promotional tour leading up to Friday's release. Katie's schedule is packed with appearances, but she's also carving out plenty of time to spend with Suri. The duo visited American Girl Place last night, and Suri even brought along one of her own stuffed dolls for the adventure. Katie's press duties wrap up tomorrow with a trip to The Late Show, and from there it's likely they'll reunite with Tom Cruise, who's currently shooting One Shot in Pittsburgh.
Earlier this week Katie talked about wanting to team up with her husband on the big screen and commented on a possible Dawson's Creek reunion, but it's Tom's latest quotes about Katie that are making headlines. Talking about his upcoming role in Rock of Ages, Tom said Katie was the one who inspired him to dance. Katie's passion for dance seems to be contagious in the Cruise-Holmes household, as Suri is frequently seen showing off her moves between ballet classes.
Mariah Carey revealed her slim postbaby body at a Jenny Craig event this afternoon! Mariah was on The Rosie Show yesterday where she talked about her weight loss and motherhood, and we have the candid chat in today's PopSugar Rush.
Blake Lively, wearing an Autumn Cashmere sweater, held on tight to her Maltipoo Penny between filming scenes for Gossip Girl in NYC this afternoon. Penn Badgley joined her in front of the cameras while Michelle Trachtenberg and Leighton Meester were also spotted on set. Blake was back with her small-screen cast after a glamorous night out celebrating the Versace and H&M collaboration with another costar. She donned a minidress from the collection to party with Chace Crawford, who was also seen chatting with Jessica Alba. Blake had more than just fun fashion to celebrate at the event, since she was also just nominated for a People's Choice Award. She's up for favorite TV actress in a drama for her Gossip Girl character, and you can vote online now for your favorites!