- 10 ways to add a nautical theme to your wedding
- Fab quiz: how well do you know your shoe designers?
- 360 degrees of Diane Kruger's coolest plait yet
- Apps and sites to help you choose wine wisely
- Miley Cyrus and her mom break out their bikinis in Brazil!
- Tips for an enjoyable — and hopefully successful — first date!
- Egg in a nest, meet the grilled cheese
- PopSugar City NYC: Visit these local spots to earn your sun-worshiper status
- Building blocks rock! Construction sets for your small fry
- April showers bring May flowers
- Meet the America's Next Top Model all stars!
- When to stash or trash important papers
- 5 foods that help kick PMS to the curb
- Video: Angelina makes Cannes a family affair and laughs it up with Jack Black!
Posts for May 12th 2011
It's almost Friday — let's play!
Miley Cyrus was spotted lounging on the beach with friends in Brazil this afternoon. She was also joined by her mom, Tish, who showed off her huge back tattoo in a hot-pink two-piece. Miley fit the bikini time in between her busy Gypsy Heart Tour, which has her traveling around the globe to show off her latest album, Can't Be Tamed. Miley's already been to Chile, Argentina, and other South American stops, and she's set to take the stage in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo this week. She'll be on the go until July when she wraps things up in Australia, but it looks like she has plenty of company to keep her entertained during her travels. Tish has proven to be one of those fun companions since she tweeted embarrassing pictures of Miley sleeping during their most recent flight.
American Idol top 12 contestant Paul McDonald and Twilight's Nikki Reed held hands leaving Troubadour night club last night after they were spotted sitting close and cozy in the audience of American Idol and during a Prince concert. The top four contestants belted out inspirational ballads under the mentoring of Lady Gaga — who do you want to see move on tonight? Paul's no longer in the competition but he'll be hitting the road this Summer when the American Idol tour kicks off on July 5. Nikki recently wrapped on Breaking Dawn, so she's free and clear to hang out with her new beau before she starts promoting the first installment of the film in November.
Miranda Kerr has high praise for her husband Orlando Bloom. The supermodel played host for a special Victoria's Secret Bombshell Beauty event in LA yesterday, where she chatted with us about her life as a new mom and her very devoted guy. You won't believe the extreme lengths he went to while she was in labor — watch!
Diane Kruger made a grand entrance today at the Cannes Film Festival premiere of Sleeping Beauty on the arm of her hot boyfriend, Joshua Jackson. Their stop in France is just the latest international destination for the pair after a visit to NYC for the Met Gala and a romantic trip to Turkey. Diane's no stranger to Cannes, where she famously premiered Inglourious Basterds with Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino in 2009. Brad will be back again this year to screen The Tree of Life, while Diane may be busy this evening promoting her turn as a model at a L'Oréal-sponsored party.
Jessica Alba wore a two piece and a Theodora & Callum scarf as a sarong to hit the beach in Mexico yesterday. The mom-to-be had a group of girlfriends on hand for the getaway, and her first child, Honor, was also there to join in on the fun. The actress seems to be having a blast with her pals, but she sent a funny tweet to Nicole Richie and Kelly Sawyer, saying she wished they were south of the border, too. Jessica was just in LA over the weekend, celebrating Mother's Day with her husband, Cash Warren, and Honor. It was Jessica's last as a mother of just one child, since by this time next year, she and Cash will have another bundle of joy. There was another occasion for Jessica to mark with family, as she also turned 30 recently on April 28 — and we marked her three-decade milestone by looking back at Jessica Alba's hottest bikini moments.
Robert Pattinson reaches the quarter century club tomorrow with his big 25th birthday! He's the latest Hollywood star to reach the milestone, and he may get a special present if he stays in the lead in multiple PopSugar 100 categories. In honor of the occasion, we've gathered 25 pics of Rob doing his signature pose — running his hands through that hair! The cute move is one of the reasons we, his fans, and leading lady Kristen Stewart can't get enough of the Twilight star. Click through to see all the shots, and happy birthday to Rob!
Angelina Jolie on Bringing the Kids to Cannes, Finding Inner Peace, and Maddox and Pax's Martial Arts!
Angelina Jolie joined her costars Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman to bring Kung Fu Panda 2 to the Cannes Film Festival this morning! The movie is screening out of competition, but the timing is perfect since she and the family will be sticking around to premiere Brad Pitt's Tree of Life Monday. Angelina looked stunning in Salvatore Ferragamo's tan dress, brown belt and nude heels, and she was cracking up during the press conference as Dustin and Jack showed off their comedic skills. Dustin harped on his own age, joking that he doesn't even remember making the first Kung Fu Panda, so it felt like the first time playing the part. Angelina also talked a bit about her kids, especially her boys Pax and Maddox's love of martial arts, and the theme of adoption in Kung Fu Panda 2 that are obviously close to home for the Jolie-Pitts. She said of the Kung Fu Panda series, "It's the best!" while Jack and Dustin kept the laughs coming. Here's some highlights from Angelina at the press conference:
- On her kids and the themes of adoption in Kung Fu Panda 2: "I brought my kids to see the movie and they loved it, they laughed through the whole thing. I wondered whether they would ask me questions about it, but because adoption and birth mothers and orphanage — these are happy words. They're very used to these discussions and they just felt that much more proud that they're a little more like Po. So it was lovely."
- On violence in KFP2 and showing her kids violent films: "You have to know your children. There are children that have a better understanding and are ready earlier than others. But for a film like this, I don't see this as a film that's too violent. I think this is actually quite the opposite because the strength, even in the final battle, the inner peace and sending back that negative energy is what wins. My boys are in martial arts classes. Boys are boys and they have a certain kind of energy, naturally. It's been wonderful to get them focused on martial arts to teach them about the discipline and the respect and the control of their own bodies. I think to ignore that that's a part of humanity, especially little boys, is wrong. So it's to help guide them — what's a positive thing, what's a good guy, To try not to [use violence] certainly, but if you have to, to defend yourself."
- On bringing the kids to Cannes: "Yes, we're all in France. Our whole family is in France and we're very happy. They're running around the hotel right now, playing games, and making a giant mess, I'm sure. They're having a great time. They love it here. Cannes can be overwhelming, and it can be that you meet a lot of friendly faces and have a good laugh and you also get a chance to see some great films. It's very nice."
- On picking KFP2 to appeal more to her kids: "We're all big kids at heart . . . but in many ways I did it for them, and I was excited for them to see it. The trick of a sequel is you have to make it better than the first one, which is hard to do especially when the first one is so successful, and I think we pulled it off."
- On finding inner peace: "Especially for people that have children. You wake up and if they're healthy, you know that that's the most important thing, so you have first of all that peace. They also come with a lot of chaos, but we're all searching for it. It's part of the human journey. We all have moments of inner peace and we lose it and we look for it again. But really it's in knowing the people you love are safe and healthy. That's the best."
- On her real-life alter ego to all her tough characters: "Certainly my alter ego is who I am 100 percent, which is a mommy who is changing diapers and coloring all night long. I'm sure I'm very, very soft. I've always been drawn to strong characters and I admire strong women, emotionally and physically, just people I feel are fighting for something . . . have a sense of justice and injustice. I've been very lucky that I came to my career at a time that women are being allowed these roles and have such great opportunities for these types of characters."
Penelope Cruz and Johnny Depp continued their press tour for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides with a stop in London today. They've been on the go since premiering Pirates at Disneyland last week and already traveled to Russia for another appearance. Johnny and Penelope will keep the promotions going when they land in Cannes on Saturday and join the star-studded film festival that kicked off on Wednesday. It remains to be seen if Johnny and Penelope will have their significant others by their side for the event, but they'll still be the center of attention even if they show up solo. Johnny's got eyes on him all over the world now since a new wax figure of the star was just unveiled in Germany.