- Fabulous and functional tech clutches
- Learn how to pickle. . . anything!
- Use pencil eyeliner to get smoldering eyes for day or night
- Love at Cannes: kissy and cute couples and costar moments
- PopSugar City NYC: 7 sample sales to shop before Friday
- Get your burger on: weelicious burgers for hungry tots
- How to dress for Summer on a budget
- Unusual decorating ideas that make a bedroom shine
- Get a sneak peek at the hot new shows picked up by NBC
- Learn the trade secrets of getting freebies from an expert
- Post-workout vegetarian snacks that are packed with protein
- Chris Colfer loves his pooch, Bob Marley Merlot!
- Penelope Cruz rocks a swimsuit and sheds a tear of happiness in Vogue
- Video: Brad and Angelina have a romantic date night in Cannes before his big premiere
Posts for May 16th 2011
Katie Holmes treated Suri Cruise to ice cream in Miami this afternoon. The girls changed into casual clothes after spending the day by the pool at their hotel where Katie made sure Suri wore her sunscreen and helped Suri practice her swimming skills in the water. Katie and Suri might be making Florida their home base for the coming days since Tom is in town to film Rock of Ages. The cast, including Julianne Hough, Russell Brand, and Malin Akerman, had their first read through last week and have been in production since, though they've also been able to enjoy their sunny surroundings. Julianne Hough wore her bikini to the beach, as did Malin, and their director, Adam Shankman, who is also the choreographer, has been sharing pictures from his adventures around town on Twitter.
Welcome back to the workweek! Let's play!
Katie Holmes helped Suri Cruise lather up with sunscreen by the pool at their hotel in Miami today. The 5-year-old wore a cute ruffled pink suit, while her mom donned a backless one-piece — unfortunately it wasn't a bikini! Katie and Suri lounged on the patio before taking a dip in the water, where Katie kept a watchful eye on her daughter. They're in Florida while Tom Cruise gets to work on Rock of Ages, and his costars Julianne Hough and Malin Akerman have already started production. Julianne and Malin have enjoyed some beachy relaxation, though Tom hasn't popped up shirtless yet. Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin are also in town for filming, and the whole cast is getting to know each other with fun group dinners.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were the center of attention at The Tree of Life premiere tonight during the Cannes Film Festival, and there were plenty of other stars on hand to join them on the red carpet. Jude Law, who is one of the jurors at this year's film festival, joined Brad's costar Jessica Chastain, in addition to Rob Lowe, Zoe Saldana, Gwen Stefani, and Gavin Rossdale. Gwen and Gavin joined in on the fun in France following a week in his native Britain, and they wasted no time throwing on bikinis and going shirtless to enjoy the Mediterranean over the weekend. Sean Penn shares the screen with Brad and Jessica, and he joined them for today's event as well. Sean's girlfriend, Scarlett Johansson, didn't walk the press line, however. Brad's big evening caps off an exciting week for the Jolie-Pitts. Angelina made the rounds last week to chat up and debut her Kung Fu Panda 2, also making the exciting announcement that her directorial debut will be called In the Land of Blood and Honey and will hit theaters on Dec. 23.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides star Penelope Cruz is the lucky lady who landed the June cover of Vogue, which will be available on newsstands May 24. She posed for photographer Mario Testino before embarking on her world tour to promote the last installment in the Disney franchise, and just today, Penelope Cruz was in Munich for her latest premiere. Penelope wore a range of Dolce & Gabbana clothes for her shoot with Mario, including a lace one-piece that showed off her amazing postbaby body. She also spoke to the magazine in an accompanying interview about how motherhood changed her life, and shared once again about her love for karaoke. Penelope Cruz told Vogue:
- On her son, Leo: "One second . . . This has never happened to me. This is really funny. I’m sorry. It’s unexpected . . . From the first second, you feel so much love. It is a revolutionary experience. That’s the best way I can describe it. It transforms you completely, in a second. Nature is very wise and gives you nine months to prepare, but in that moment — when you see that face, you are transformed forever . . . Even if you have heard from all your friends and family, ‘This is what’s going to happen,’ until it happens to you, it’s hard to understand in your soul."
- On loving karaoke: I’ve gone to karaoke bars in almost every city I have been to. Every time I am on a movie location, we find a karaoke bar and take the crew."
- On Leo's future: “I want my son — and my kids if I have more — to grow up in a way that is as anonymous as possible,” Cruz says. “The fact that his father and I have chosen to do the work that we do doesn’t give anybody the right to invade our privacy."
Photos courtesy Mario Testino for Vogue
Victoria Beckham left from LAX yesterday after a busy weekend snapping photos of her new puppy, cheering on shirtless David Beckham during his LA Galaxy home game, and hanging out with her boys. Posh paired a leather-trimmed dress with a cropped cardigan for the trip out of town, her latest chic look in a long line of maternity wear. She and David are expecting their first daughter this Summer, but they introduced a baby Frenchie, Scarlett, to the family last week. The female headcount in the Beckham household is quickly catching up to the boys, between Victoria, Scarlett, their bulldog, Coco, and their upcoming special delivery.