- Great ideas for decorating a small apartment on a dime
- PopSugar City SF: Outside Lands schedule is here — and shareable!
- Fast & easy dinner: chicken pizza with yellow tomato salsa
- Britney Spears gives Jason Trawick a sexy lap dance
- Get glowing with this easy, homemade scrub
- Female comics who crack us up
- Back-to-school iPhone apps for mom
- Celebrity lookbook: See the bags stars are wearing this Summer
- Etsy finds: make it an endless Summer with beachy art
- Miranda Kerr hits the runway for David Jones in a tiny swimsuit!
- New stills of Emma and Andrew in The Amazing Spider-Man
- It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle: Hungry Girl shares her tips
- Do your puppies play dead at funny times?
- 6 ways to print Instagram photos
- Home DIY: try an easy sew window valance
Posts for August 3rd 2011
Happy Wednesday — time for a quiz!
Beyoncé Knowles graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar UK's upcoming September issue and is spotlighted in a sexy spread inside the pages of the magazine. The images feature the singer in a range of powerful designer looks from the likes of Azzedine Alaïa, Armani Prive, and Azzaro, and were captured at the Ritz during an April trip she made to Paris with her husband, Jay-Z. Beyoncé is back in the States now as she enjoys the success of her latest album, 4. She teamed up with Destiny's Child's Kelly Rowland and her sister, Solange Knowles, yesterday in a location very different from the Ritz — a New Jersey trailer park — to film the video for her single "Party." In her interview for Bazaar, B reflects on her upcoming 30th birthday, as well as her take on feminism and empowerment. She also opens up about her close friendship with Gwyneth Paltrow, who likewise gushed about Beyoncé in the article. Here are some highlights:
- On turning 30 in September: “This is such a pivotal moment in my life! I’m transitioning as a woman, and I’m finally able to express myself as I am.”
- On whether she's a feminist: “I don’t really feel that it’s necessary to define it. It’s just something that’s kind of natural for me, and I feel like . . . you know . . . it’s, like, what I live for. I need to find a catchy new word for ‘feminism’, right? Like ‘bootylicious’ . . . ”
- On Gwyneth Paltrow: “She pushes her boundaries all the time. You go to her house and she makes you feel like you never want to go home. She is what I strive to be one day."
- Gwyneth on Beyoncé: “She is what it means to be a superstar. No one else can sing and dance like that, while having humour and genuine bursting sweetness. She has her own recipe for it . . . I wanted my own character (Gwyneth has a musical role in Country Strong), to have some of that mega-wattage. So I studied B. She was my homework."
- Gwyneth on her and Chris Martin’s friendship with Beyoncé & Jay-Z: “We have very similar values. We have also been able to become each other’s support systems over the years, as none of us needs anything from the other.”
Miranda Kerr wore a swimsuit and a smile this afternoon when she hit the runway for Australian retailer David Jones in Sydney. She modeled a variety of outfits that will be available in its stores, including pieces from Aussie designers Collette Dinnigan, Camilla Franks, and Alex Perry. Her cutout one-piece was by the company Jets. Miranda changed into a white lace dress for the afterparty held at the city's Royal Hall of Industries. David Jones is keeping Miranda busy during her time Down Under between an in-store appearance and photo shoots. Today's catwalk appearance was Miranda's first since welcoming her son Flynn in January. Miranda said of her return to the runway in the Bond girl-esque suit, "I am a little nervous about getting back on the runway after just having a baby seven months ago in a swimsuit. But you know, I have been doing my squats, and I started Pilates as well as my usual yoga routine." Orlando Bloom watched Miranda prep for the show, but he wasn't able to stay for the actual event as he flew to New Zealand to start work on the next Lord of the Rings.
Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux made their way around Kauai on Monday, both showing off the personalized rings they bought together earlier this Summer. She kept Justin close, affectionately placing her hands on his shoulders as they headed inside a shop. The couple emerged later with their purchase in a black gift bag. Jennifer and Justin did the trek to Hawaii in order to be with their mutual friend Christine Taylor as she celebrated her 40th birthday. Her party was later Monday night, and Justin was seen handing off the gift in the black bag. Jen and Justin were out for more fun yesterday, leaving their hotel in a rented SUV to pick up fresh fruit. It seems Jennifer and Justin are sticking around for some private vacation time following Christine's shindig as they prep to hit the promotional trail together for September's Wanderlust.
Britney Spears brought boyfriend Jason Trawick on stage during the latest stop on her Femme Fatale tour and performed a sexy lap dance. Check it out in today's PopSugar Rush!
Usher stepped out with mini mes Usher Raymond V and Naviyd Raymond in NYC today. He's hanging out with his sons in the Big Apple following a Monday morning appearance on Wall Street. Usher joined MTV executive Stephen Friedman for the ringing of the NY Stock Exchange's opening bell in honor of the music channel's 30th anniversary. He's been a fixture on the network for the past decade. While Usher's taking care of business and hanging with family, his protégé, Justin Bieber, is traveling the East Coast with girlfriend Selena Gomez. Justin was on hand for two of her Florida performances and was out again supporting her last night in Usher's hometown of Atlanta.
Mila Kunis is definitely someone you want to have in your corner! The actress came to Justin Timberlake's defense at a Moscow press conference for Friends With Benefits by responding to a reporter — in Russian. Watch her snappy retort in her native tongue, and then hear the latest about a cozy dinner with the two costars. Would you like to see them date?
Sandra Bullock carried her little guy Louis out of her LA home today. The mother and son were both sporting hats as they made their way to the car. Sandra and Louis returned to the West Coast late last week, just a few days after she celebrated her 47th birthday. Louis was close by her side as she filmed Gravity overseas with George Clooney in June and July, and the two boys even seemed to strike up a sweet friendship on the set — George was seen doting on Louis and snapping pictures of the toddler on his iPhone. Sandra and George have parted ways for now, but she reunited with another of her former costars just a few days ago. Sandra attended The Change-Up premiere on Monday night, stepping out to support one of the other main men in her life, her longtime friend and leading man in The Proposal, Ryan Reynolds.