Tonight's People's Choice Awards was full of excitement and we caught it all while we were LIVE on the red carpet and backstage. From glamorous gowns to winning moments, we're taking a behind-the-scenes look at it all. Check out our exclusive snaps and be sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for more as we continue our 2012 award season coverage!
Posts for January 11th 2012
- Who wore what to the People's Choice Awards!
- See the coolest beauty details up close!
- Do you think How I Met Your Mother's Cobie Smulders was the best dressed?
- It was little details that made Emma Stone's outfit pop
- Busy Philipps killed it in blue Carven
- All the stars who were pretty as a peach
- The top looks from the red carpet
Get your favorite red carpet looks:
- Shop Ginnifer Goodwin's hot pink Roksanda Ilincic look
- Get a red sequined dress like Alyson Hannigan
- Want to own a dress like Jennifer Lawrence's Viktor & Rolf?
- Do, dump, or marry these red carpet guys?
The list of all the winners, and more PCA fun
Robert Pattinson showed off his shaved head while accepting Water For Elephants' win for favorite drama movie at tonight's People's Choice Awards. Hear Rob's grateful speech now!
It was a fun night on the People's Choice Awards red carpet in LA today. Stars brought the glamour in metallics, bold colors, and bright neutrals as they made their way into the show. Miley Cyrus showed off her glowing tan in a light yellow David Koma dress on the arm of boyfriend Liam Hemsworth, who has been busy with press for The Hunger Games this week. Winner Lea Michele went with a white Marchesa, and Jennifer Morrison followed suit in an Oscar de la Renta of the same hue. The evening's host, Kaley Cuoco, posed in a metallic Badgley Mischka gown while Julianne Hough, fresh off her St. Barts vacation, wore a sequined mini with an open back.
The evening wasn't all about neutrals though, since some ladies opted for bright color instead. How I Met Your Mother's Alyson Hannigan covered her baby bump in a short red Alice + Olivia number. Both Busy Philipps and nominee Jennifer Lawrence chose blue, with Busy in Carven and Jennifer rocking a daring Victor & Rolf. Nina Dobrev, who picked up the award for favorite TV drama actress, stood out in green Elie Saab.
Rounding out the red carpet fashion were a few ladies who went with black. Presenter Ashley Greene stepped out in a custom lace DKNY look and Pretty Little Liars actress Lucy Hale continued the sexy trend with a dramatic Cengiz Abazoglu outfit. Ellie Kemper was honored as part of the cast of Bridesmaids in a simple dark dress, while Vanessa Hudgens mixed things up in a Jenny Packham halter.
There was so much exciting red carpet fashion and beauty at this year's People's Choice Awards, so make sure to weigh in on your favorites with all of Fab and Bella's polls!
See ALL the red carpet looks when you read more
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt paid a visit to the White House this afternoon. The politically active couple said hello to President Obama while in the capital for a screening of In the Land of Blood and Honey. Brad, Angelina, and the president apparently spoke about the actors' humanitarian work, especially her activism on behalf of women around the world.
Brad and Angelina went to DC yesterday for a Holocaust Museum screening of her directorial debut. While there, Angelina assessed Obama's performance. She said, "I think there are many, many things I think have gone in a wonderful direction and there are a few things I am disappointed in, but I don't feel like tonight is the night to clarify. But there are many wonderful things that have moved forward, and of course, some other things that are very frustrating."
Robert Pattinson won big at this evening's People's Choice Awards in LA! He picked up the best drama honor on behalf of his movie Water For Elephants. His costar Reese Witherspoon didn't turn out for the event, but Rob had another leading lady in the seat beside him — Rob was placed next to Hot in Cleveland's Betty White! Ashley Greene, who is one of the Twilight gang with Rob, was there to hand off the award.
Robert Pattinson shaved his head for tonight's show too. It's a new year, and a new look for Twilight heartthrob Rob. This year is starting with a win, and more highlights are to come. He has Bel Ami due out in the coming months, in addition to his David Cronenberg picture Cosmopolis and, of course, Breaking Dawn Part 2 out this Fall.
It was People's Choice Awards night in LA, and we were live on the red carpet! The Vampire Diaries starlet — and recent birthday girl — Nina Dobrev was on hand in a stunning green Elie Saab gown, as was Once Upon a Time costars, a Roksanda Ilincic-clad Ginnifer Goodwin and Oscar de la Renta-wearing Jennifer Morrison. Click through to see who else was there, and what they wore! The night's just getting started, so be sure to follow us here and on Twitter. Check back throughout the evening for more exciting photos, news, and fashion updates!
The 2012 award season is finally here, and tonight we're kicking things off at the People's Choice Awards! The evening will be full of surprises and major fashion moments, and we want you to be able to follow along through it all! We're going LIVE on the PCA red carpet and backstage, so make sure to tune in now right here on PopSugar. Want to get in on the action? Keep track of our coverage on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook too! Watch now and check out the People's Choice Awards at 9/8c on CBS!!
- The PopSugar homepage! — We'll be live blogging from the red carpet as your favorite musical artists, TV stars, and big-screen celebrities arrive. Check back with us frequently to see photos of the show, behind-the-scenes images, and all the moment-to-moment action taking place!
- UStream — Watch LIVE red-carpet arrivals, backstage interviews, and our fashion coverage with PopSugar editors Allie Merriam and Lindsay Miller as well as FabSugar TV host Allison McNamara
- Twitter — We'll tweet LIVE from the red carpet and during the show! Stay tuned for breaking news and be sure to follow us for all your People's Choice Awards updates
- Facebook — Be sure to like our Facebook page and keep an eye out for our red-carpet galleries, fashion polls, and pressroom coverage
- Instagram — Want a behind-the-scenes look at the People's Choice Awards red carpet, audience, and more? Then follow us on Instagram at @PopSugarEditors!
- Pinterest — For the hottest, sexiest, and prettiest red-carpet looks, be sure to subscribe to our Red Carpet Favorites board!
Emma Stone posed backstage at the People's Choice Awards in LA this evening. She was recognized with the first honor of the night, favorite actress, and showed off her Waterford crystal statue after leaving the stage. Emma wore a bright green blazer for the big event, which is just her latest red-carpet appearance this week. She also stepped out for yesterday's National Board of Review gala in NYC, where The Help was recognized in the best ensemble category. The winning may not be over for Emma, since favorite comedic movie actress hasn't been announced yet, and The Help is still in the running for favorite movie.