- Yoga poses to try out for a better night's rest
- Vidal Sassoon's former midcentury home hits the market
- 8 foods that are best to buy canned
- Marion Cotillard admits she almost quit acting during her Rust and Bone premiere
- How to turn your shower into a miniature spa
- Celebrity women get out the vote on Twitter
- Make bedtime better with the coziest flannel sheets for kids
- Kick your camo look up a notch with a pop of pink
- Video: Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart take their press tour to late night shows
- The top OMG moments from this week's Gossip Girl
- Celebs cover up in chic black and white coats
- Apps that will turn your phone into an ereader
- 15 reasons you need to get a library card
- Whip up a vegan Mexican pizza for a healthy and delicious meal
- Meet the brave dogs of Hurricane Sandy
Posts for November 6th 2012
It's four more years in office for President Barack Obama. America reelected him tonight for a second term. His supporters were ecstatic while awaiting his official acceptance speech at his election-night watch party in Chicago, and it's apparent that the president appreciates them. Obama tweeted tonight, "This happened because of you. Thank you," and it's already the most retweeted Twitter message of all time.
President Obama again thanked supporters and voters by starting off his speech saying that our country "moves forward because of you." He also had meaningful words for his wife of 20 years, Michelle Obama, and daughters Sasha and Malia, who all joined Barack onstage. He said, "Michelle, I have never loved you more. I have never been prouder to watch the rest of America fall in love with you, too." Barack then spoke to Sasha and Malia, saying he's seen them grow into two smart and beautiful young women, but joked that "for now, one dog's probably enough." See Obama give his speech alongside his supportive family and fans now!
President Barack Obama was reelected for another four years as president of the United States tonight. NBC News and other major news networks have confirmed he won the election against Gov. Mitt Romney, earlier than many predicted. Once Obama was the projected winner of Ohio, he won the 270 electoral votes necessary to take the presidency. Barack Obama tweeted, "Four more years," with a sweet photo of him and wife Michelle Obama hugging. And Michelle also tweeted her support for her commander-in-chief husband: "More than anything, I want to thank you all for everything. I am so grateful to every one of you for your support and your prayers. –mo ."
Today is Election Day and celebrities are getting patriotic by exercising their right to vote across the country. Nicole Richie snapped her political sticker while Heidi Klum filled out her ballot at a polling place. Mya showed off her voting skills and Ryan Phillippe headed to the polls with his son, Deacon. Click through to see all the stars voting, and make sure to get out and vote!
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart boarded a private jet together in LA today. They're headed to NYC, where Kristen is scheduled to appear on Live! With Kelly and Michael and the Today show this week. Rob and Kristen are in the middle of their press tour for Breaking Dawn Part 2 and took care of promotions in LA recently. They sat down for interviews over the weekend and also made the talk show rounds with Kristen visiting The Tonight Show and Rob stopping by Jimmy Kimmel Live!. Kristen joined Rob for the show last night, and was seen leaving the studio after Rob's chat with Jimmy. The final Twilight press tour kicked off last month and will come to a head with the big LA premiere on Nov. 12.
Cameron Diaz slipped into a little white Chanel dress for the December cover of Elle UK — see Cameron's full photo shoot and interview in the December issue when it goes on sale tomorrow, Nov. 7, both on newsstands and digitally. Elle UK caught up with Cameron at Guy Ritchie's London tavern, The Punch Bowl, to chat about her acting career and her forthcoming film Gambit. The film hits UK theaters Nov. 21, though there's no word yet on when we'll see Cameron and her costar Colin Firth on the big screen in the States. Like her best friend Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron's also trying her hand at publishing. She talked with the magazine about why she decided to share her personal health, fitness, and lifestyle tips in a book. Here's more from Cameron's interview:
- When asked what burns more calories — 30 minutes of dancing or 30 minutes of sex: "Depends on what kind of sex you're having. Try 'em both! Do them both on the same day, that's what I say!"
- On what she would do if she wasn't acting: "I have no idea. That's why I'm so grateful for it [acting success]. It's the only thing that I know how to do. I do think about it all the time — what would have happened had I not just found my way out from that? But I think you always find your way out."
- On her forthcoming food and fitness book: "It's not about what I eat or do what I do. It's really about the information, so that young girls and women can look at it and make their own choices. I'd hate to give them guidelines of what I do. My hope is that I give them all the information so that it doesn't matter what I or other people do . . . I'm excited about my discipline [which revolves around] a protein, a grain and a green . . . I want to be disciplined. It's not a limitation to me; it opens up my life to so many opportunities."
Photos courtesy David Slijper for Elle UK
It's election night and we're throwing a LIVE viewing party on PopSugar. Join PopSugar's Molly Goodson and Becca Frucht, as well as TrèsSugar's Annie Scudder, as we watch the results roll in, take a look back at the election cycle, and break down all the most important races around the country. We'll be sharing in the excitement with you all night long, so watch with us and let us know what you're thinking on Twitter using the hashtag #PopSugar2012. It's all been leading up to this — join our election night viewing party now!
Emma Stone is 24 today! The actress is well known for her roles in The Amazing Spider-Man, The Help, and Easy A, but Emma's comedic chops and megawatt smile have also contributed to her fame. Whether she's on the red carpet, hanging out with friends, or spending time with boyfriend Andrew Garfield, Emma never fails to flash her mile-wide grin and show off her silly side for the cameras. We're celebrating Emma's big day by looking back at some of her smiliest moments over the years — click through to see them now!
Election Day is upon us, so with just a matter of hours before the votes are tallied for this year's presidential race, Hollywood is also doing one last push for the candidates. In this PopSugar Rush, take a look at how stars like Katy Perry, Will Ferrell, and more are encouraging voters. Jay-Z even put a new spin on his hit "99 Problems" on Obama's behalf!
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are going through another whirlwind round of press for Breaking Dawn Part 2. Robert hit up Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night to talk up the final chapter in the Twilight series, while a colorful Kristen sat down with Jay Leno to share the latest on the anticipated film. We're going over the biggest revelations from their interviews — including why Robert thinks his kissing scenes with Kristen are weird — in this PopSugar Rush!