- Check out Casa's design field trip to San Francisco's Ferry Building
- Get to know the five French mother sauces
- Ways to pull off Spring's white blazer trend
- Seven meaningful ways to spend your tax refund
- Get a sneak peek at Community's return (and see who's getting married!)
- See how devoted pups are contributing to the presidential campaign
- Peeta vs. Gale, Edward vs. Jacob: who would you pick in these onscreen love triangles?
- Gwen Stefani's latest Harajuku Mini line for Target
- Get your iPad ready for resale
- Shop designer pieces from Gossip Girl
- Would you wear Spring's metallic eye shadow trend?
- How to get a germ-free household
- The cast of New Girl bring big laughs to PaleyFest
- Zac Efron talks about what it's like to be chased by older fans
- Get the recipe for sugar-free bourbon chocolate truffles
Posts for March 6th 2012
Taylor Swift wore a bikini last week while Down Under with her pals. On Thursday, she and a couple girlfriends broke out their suits at Cottesloe Beach in Perth. Taylor's fun in the sun came during a break from a string of shows in Australia. She was in Adelaide for a concert on Sunday, but managed to break from the stage last night to mark her father's 60th birthday. In addition to her performances and family parties, it was a big weekend for Taylor because Dr. Seuss's The Lorax opened back home in the US. The Lorax topped the box office, giving Taylor one more reason to celebrate during time off from her tour.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen appear on dual Elle UK covers for the glossy's April issue. The sisters have managed to build a massive high-fashion empire helmed by their luxury line, The Row, since leaving their acting careers behind. Mary-Kate and Ashley, who show off their well-honed individual style in the pages of the publication, talk about their "shared" thought process and their somewhat controlling approach to their design work. The Olsens also reflect on their decision to mostly stay out of the public eye these days. The full feature appears in the April issue of Elle UK, on sale Wednesday, March 7. In the meantime, check out some highlights from the interview:
- Ashley on how she and Mary-Kate think alike: "We're attracted to different things, but we arrive at the same place. I think we're probably unaware of how intuitive it might seem from the outside. It's basically one thought process shared between two people."
- Mary-Kate on other celebrity fashion lines: "Of course we knew about the trend of celebrities as designers, but we'd done that already when we were much younger. I don't understand the new idea of designers as celebrities either. To me, the Phoebe Philo [Celine designer] kind of modesty is the way to go. We love beautiful things. That's the only driving impulse."
- Ashley on their hands-on approach to work: "We are perfectionists. We've always wanted to be closely involved with everything, totally hands on — that's why it works. If we step away, it stops working. I know it sounds controlling, but that's how it has to be."
- Ashley on staying out of the public eye: "I don't have to be a pretty face. I've done that, but now it's important and liberating to be on the other side of the lens. I don't like to be the center of attention anymore."
Photos courtesy of Alexei Hayand for ELLE UK
Ben Affleck posted a new video to his Facebook page in which the third-time father talks about his long, "Bee Gees"-looking hairdo. Check Ben out in today's PopSugar Rush!
Miranda Kerr shows off her foreign-language and singing skills when she belts out a tune in Japanese for her latest ad campaign. Check out the supermodel belting out a tune and see her walk in the Chanel show at Paris Fashion Week all in today's PopSugar Rush.
Miranda Kerr arrived in Paris just yesterday, and she was already on the runway this morning for the Chanel Fall 2012 show. As usual with Karl Lagerfeld's presentations, a slew of celebrities turned out to see his creations. Today, Katy Perry and Alicia Keys were among those taking seats in the front row at the Grand Palais. Both Alicia and Katy have been sampling all the stylish fun. They were together last night as well for the Yves Saint Laurent presentation.
Miranda has been a regular feature on the Paris catwalks. Last October, she walked in a number of shows, including Dior, Viktor & Rolf, Loewe, and Stella McCartney. During March of 2011, shortly after she welcomed son Flynn, Miranda modeled for Balenciaga. Miranda was also hard at work in the US last week. Miranda Kerr wore a bikini to shoot her latest Victoria's Secret project in Miami.
Kristen Stewart had the company of two guy friends yesterday as she headed out to a store in Paris. She rocked her current favorite leather jacket and a striped Joie top to the Louis Vuitton showroom, the latest stop on Kristen's fashionable tour of the city. Kristen arrived in France late last week, and after swinging by the Balenciaga show during Fall Fashion Week, she checked out the offerings at Stella McCartney's store. Kristen even left Stella's place with one of the designer's famous Falabella chain bags. All the stylish fun hasn't kept Kristen from her friends, though. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson managed to fit in a date night over the weekend, stepping out Saturday for a meal.
Liam Hemsworth stopped on the red carpet at Cosmopolitan's Fun and Fearless Awards to chat with us about his and Miley Cyrus's crush on George Clooney, as well as his highly anticipated project, The Hunger Games! Hear Liam talk about costar Jennifer Lawrence, and find out what the other stars in attendance had to say about the book-turned-movie in today's PopSugar Rush.