It's a new month, which means a brand-new crop of our favorites in fashion, home, entertainment, and more! We've rounded up all of our must haves from across the Sugar Network in one place — click through to check them all out now.
Posts for May 1st 2012
The list of nominees for the MTV Movie Awards was revealed this morning, and it seems The Hunger Games is the one to beat! The series is dominating the competition with eight nods at this year's show, including nominations for best male and best female performance. But what about Breaking Dawn Part 1? The MTV favorite took a hit this year, now that The Hunger Games is in contention, and we're taking a closer look at their competition in today's PopSugar Rush.
Drew Barrymore took her drink to go while out in Santa Monica yesterday with a friend. Later, Drew dressed up for a photo shoot at the Huntington Library in San Marino. The actress is hanging out on the West Coast with her pals and fiancé Will Kopelman. It's been reported that Drew Barrymore is pregnant, though she has yet to officially confirm the news. In recent weeks, however, Drew has taken to donning looser clothes and yesterday, she wore a big jacket over a tee. Drew may have picked a fancier ensemble for her upcoming wedding. It's rumored that Drew and Will are set to tie the knot at her Montecito home in early June.
In addition to planning her big day and possibly for a baby, Drew Barrymore's entered the wine business. She will launch Barrymore Pinot Grigio in the coming weeks. The grapes are grown in Northern Italy, which may explain her and Will's frequent excursions to Europe over the past year. The 2011 vintage even nabbed a gold medal at France’s largest international wine competition. The label on her Barrymore wines was designed by Shepard Fairey.
Liam Hemsworth suited up for a Men's Health magazine shoot in LA yesterday. He's getting ready for the Summer release of The Expendables 2 — check out Liam in new Expendables posters — but is also still grabbing the spotlight for his hit, The Hunger Games. The action film was one of the top MTV Movie Awards nominees, with mentions in eight categories including one nod for Liam for breakthrough performance. When Liam isn't busy promoting his many projects, he's been spending time with girlfriend Miley Cyrus, whose LOL hits select US theaters on Friday.
Jennifer Lopez opened up about going on the road with boyfriend Casper Smart and her 4-year-old twins during J Lo's big tour announcement alongside Enrique Iglesias and Wisin Y Yandel in LA on Monday. Hear how J Lo plans on surrounding herself with all her loved ones this Summer in today's PopSugar Rush.
Cameron Diaz strikes a sexy pose for the June 2012 cover of Harper's Bazaar UK. The full feature appears in the June issue of Harper’s Bazaar UK, which is on sale Thursday, May 3. Her next movie, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, will be out in the US next month. In the picture, Cameron plays a mother-to-be. She spoke about having kids in real life with the magazine and also touched on how she's happy with her life at the present. Cameron also spoke about her connection with pal Gwyneth Paltrow and even dished on the charms of British men. Click through to see more Cameron in the magazine, and here are highlights from Cameron Diaz in Harper's Bazaar UK:
- On why she loves British men: "I love their sense of humour and the sense of chivalry and charm. It's something that is innately a part of the culture — we don't have that over here, it's not the same in America."
- On her friendship with Gwyneth: "We became very close after my dad's death. She reached out and it was very sweet. We bonded on that . . . They (Martin/Paltrow) are exceptional people. We have known each other because we have been in the business for the same amount of time."
- On being happy with the present: "I'm not sitting there going 'Oh my god, when am I going to get married? When am I going to have a baby?' I would be remiss if I was living my life wishing I had something other than what I have. If one day, I am blessed with the experience of having a child, I would be overjoyed, but I am not sitting here feeling empty because I haven't yet, or that I may not."
- On her friends and family: "I'm a nurturer to all my friends. I don't feel alone in the world. I have so many friends, more friends who are like me (without children) than not. I also have girlfriends who have kids, and I have strong relationships with their children and my nieces and nephews. My happiest moments are when I'm with my friends — and I consider them to be my greatest wealth. They are my crown jewels."
Photos courtesy Tom Munro for Harper’s Bazaar UK
Fans of How I Met Your Mother will know Cobie Smulders, who's played Canadian TV host extraordinaire Robin Scherbatsky for seven seasons on the hit CBS series. She's got the biggest movie role of her career, though, in this week's The Avengers. She stars opposite stars like Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, and Jeremy Renner in the Marvel superhero action flick. We've been big fans of Cobie's for years, and hopefully The Avengers is a sign of big things to come! We've rounded up 10 fun facts about Cobie, starting with her real-life relationship with SNL star Taran Killam. Click through, and start getting to know Cobie!
- Who won the Justin Bieber vs. Usher dance off? — People
- Jessica Alba, professional blogger? — Lainey Gossip
- Find out why the West Wing cast will reunite — HuffPost Entertainment
- Mariah Carey sings for her fans in Austria — D-Listed
- Nicole Kidman gets to work with Colin Firth — JustJared
- Jimmy Kimmel shared some of his raciest jokes with Anderson Cooper — BuzzFeed
- LeAnn Rimes is back to sharing bikini photos — Hollywood Tuna
- Josh Hutcherson makes a dangerous purchase — Pink Is the New Blog
- Where was Lindsay Lohan hanging out during the Correspondents' dinner? — The Superficial
- What you should know about upcoming Summer blockbusters — The Daily Beast
- Meet the new Bachelorette's 25 new bachelors — Zap2it
- The real Kardashians finally meet the SNL Kardashians — TooFab
- See which stars are talented artists, too — The Frisky