- Seasonally charged recipes to send off a healthy Summer
- Herbed feta biscuits: a recipe worth adopting
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck sneak a cute kiss
- Victoria's Secret models and more share the best beauty advice at NYFW
- Famous women weigh in on presidential candidates
- Funny families: SNL stars and their kooky kids
- Print-mixing expert Rachel Roy shares her secrets for effortless style
- Modern, high-end glassware for the design-obsessed
- Buzz's TIFF movie review of Gwyneth Paltrow's Thanks for Sharing
- Video: Prince William talks kids as Kate baby rumors surface
- Put your old t-shirts to creative use
- CelebStyle: get Petra Nemcova's edgy, leather look
- Apple introduces the iPhone 5 (almost all the rumors were right)
- Maru heralds a new domain in shopping
- Breeze through NY Fashion Week in a chic ensemble
Posts for September 12th 2012
Britney Spears attended a screening of The X Factor and the accompanying handprint ceremony in LA on Tuesday. Hear the new judge speak about motherhood and the possibility of returning next season, plus get the inside scoop on what to expect from Brit in the show's first episode, in today's PopSugar Rush.
Ben Affleck leaned in to kiss Jennifer Garner this morning outside Brentwood Country Mart. The couple were spotted leaving breakfast with their daughter Seraphina at their side. Ben and Jennifer are back to daily life in their SoCal neighborhood after returning from Canada, where they attended the Toronto International Film Festival premiere of Argo last week. The couple celebrated with friends Matt and Luciana Damon, as well as Emily Blunt and John Krasinski, after the drama's well-received debut. Argo tells the story of the 1979 Iran hostage crisis and marks Ben's third directorial project. Meanwhile, Jennifer's next film also takes on politics, albeit in a comical way. Her satire Butter is due in theaters in early October. The movie features Jennifer as an ambitious butter carver who tries to translate that success into a career in government.
Kate Hudson graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar's October issue in a glamorous spread shot by photographer Camilla Akrans. Inside the magazine, 33-year-old Kate talks wedding plans and her upcoming role on Glee. The guest-starring gig will be one of her first acting jobs since she gave birth to her second son, Bingham Bellamy, last year. Since she and her fiancé, Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy, welcomed their new arrival, they've been splitting their time between LA and London. Not surprisingly, another American actress who has children with a British rocker — Gwyneth Paltrow — has been helping Kate get settled in the new city. Kate's issue of Bazaar hits stands on Sept. 25, but in the meantime, here are highlights:
- On meeting Matt and later seeing him in concert: "I Googled him right away! And it was shocking, 'cause he was like two completely different people. I would still tell him, 'I look at the footage of you playing, but getting to know you, I can't connect the dots' . . . I was just in awe of his ability and his talent. And then to know him on the other side of it, and how sweet and simple and loving he is."
- On when she'll wed: "We'll do it eventually, but I want it to be right. I don't want to just do it, you know what I mean?"
- On getting advice on London from Gwyneth: "She's been my go-to about where to get things done—grocery shopping, a good mani-pedi, you know, all that. I look up to Gwyneth and how she has been in her life. She's the real deal."
- On comparing her pregnancies: "Bing was a more difficult pregnancy than Ryder. Ryder was very easy; I didn't get sick or nauseous at all. With Bing I was really nauseous. He also moved around so much that I felt like I was in Aliens. He was just rockin' out."
Katie Holmes brought her Homes & Yang line to New York Fashion Week today for the first time ever! We take a look at what the designing women brought to Lincoln Center with her design partner, Jeanne Yang. Plus, FabSugar editor Marisa Tom weighs in on the critical response. It's all in today's PopSugar Rush.
Prince William and his wife, Kate, wrapped up their second day in Singapore with an official reception this evening. They attended the British Gala at Singapore's Eden Hall, first stopping to sign their names in a guest book. The party came after a whirlwind afternoon that included visits to a Rolls-Royce engine factory, the Gardens by the Bay park, and the Rainbow Centre for children. After donning a suit from Alexander McQueen and a Raoul dress earlier in the day, Kate changed into a printed white Erdem frock for her evening engagement.
William and Kate's visit was designed to promote the relationship between Singapore and the UK in honor of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee, but talk hasn't been all about politics and business. When asked about his hopes for a family, William said he wants two kids with his wife! Pregnancy rumors for Kate are flourishing at the moment, since Kate drank water at a dinner last night. Tonight, William showed a sign of solidarity with Kate by toasting with water as well.
Angelina Jolie continued her visit to the Middle East today with a stop in Lebanon. She and UNHCR chief António Guterres met with Syrian refugees in the Bekaa Valley, and later talked with officials about the region's challenges. Angelina said, "I was very moved today to meet again with the Syrian families and to meet them here — not in a camp but in homes where they are welcomed and protected." Yesterday, Angelina was in Jordan at the Al Zaatari refugee camp. She's traveling during a break from filming Maleficent in London. She and her family have been stationed in the UK while working on the Disney project, though Brad Pitt has also been in front of the cameras for The Counselor.
Katie Holmes changed into a white sweater for a celebratory lunch after her stylish debut this afternoon. Earlier today, Katie looked chic in a black leather blazer to present her Holmes & Yang line with her design partner, stylist Jeanne Yang, for the first time ever at New York Fashion Week. Katie had reason to be happy with the presentation, her first since launching the line in 2009. Many early reviews have praised the Holmes & Yang collection, with one editor tweeting, "Great separates at Holmes & Yang! Especially loved the navy motorcycle jacket."
Richard Gere has his work cut out for him in the new film Arbitrage, in which he plays a high-powered executive caught in the midst of a financial, marital, and criminal scandal. Susan Sarandon stars opposite of Richard in the drama set to be released Friday. We recently caught up with Richard to get the scoop on his reunion with Susan, who he also worked with in 2004's Shall We Dance, and find out if he'd ever be game to make a Pretty Woman sequel with another famous leading lady, Julia Roberts.