The '90s were the golden age of boy bands , but recent years have been treating them well, too. While some reunited just for a quick performance (*NSYNC), others have released new albums (Backstreet Boys), and others are aiming to take on the world again (O-Town, minus Ashley Parker Angel ). It's hard to keep track of all of these nostalgic favorites, so we've rounded up a status update on all the biggest boy bands, including favorites from the '80s and '90s. But let's be honest — it will always be *NSYNC vs. BSB  in our hearts.
- When They Broke Up: The band went on "hiatus" in 2002 after Justin Timberlake wanted to embark on a solo career .
- When They Last Reunited: The band took the stage at the 2013 MTV VMAs, singing a medley of "Gone," "Girlfriend," and "Bye Bye Bye" before Timberlake accepted his Michael Jackson  Video Vanguard Award.
- Their 2014 Status: Sadly, no update yet. However, there's always the epic "It's Gonna Be May" meme  to look forward to every year!
- When They Broke Up: After the band was dropped from their label in 2003, they disbanded. A few went onto solo careers — most notably Ashley Parker Angel — afterward, while others got out of the industry.
- When They Last Reunited: More than a decade after their last album was released, the band released a new single, "Skydive," in May 2014 . While Angel is no longer part of the band, the remaining members will release a new album, Lines & Circles, in August and tour in the Fall.
- Their 2014 Status: New music and a reunion tour are both happening this year.
- When They Broke Up: BSB has never broken up, though they've gone on hiatuses throughout their two decades in the industry. Kevin Richardson left the band in 2006, but rejoined in 2012, bringing together the original lineup.
- When They Last Reunited: Their first album after Richardson's return was In a World Like This in 2013, followed by a tour of the same name.
- Their 2014 Status: The band is currently on tour with Avril Lavigne  to support their latest album, and they have a documentary due out later this year .
- When They Broke Up: The band went on hiatus from 2002 to 2012.
- When They Last Reunited: In May 2013, they embarked on a tour with New Kids on the Block and Boyz II Men and then released their new album, 2.0, the same month.
- Their 2014 Status: Currently, the guys have no plans to tour or release new music this year.
- When They Broke Up: Actually, Hanson has never broken up or gone on hiatus since they hit the scene in 1992.
- When They Last Reunited: The Hanson brothers have released nine albums in their 22 years as a band and toured steadily since the '90s.
- Their 2014 Status: The guys have been on a break from touring since December 2013, but they will resume their world tour this August. Also, fun fact: the three brothers now have a total of 11 kids.
New Kids on the Block
- When They Broke Up: The band broke up in 1994 after a decade together.
- When They Last Reunited: In 2008, the band released new music, launched a world tour (with Lady Gaga  opening for them), and have been together ever since. They also released a compilation album and toured with the Backstreet Boys in 2011 and toured with a newly reunited 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men in 2013.
- Their 2014 Status: NKOTB toured through Europe from May 6 to June 1 and will play a few shows in Las Vegas in July.
The Jonas Brothers
- When They Broke Up: The brothers called it quits in October 2013  after canceling their big tour earlier that month.
- When They Last Reunited: Though Joe, Nick, and Kevin are family and still see each other, the trio has yet to reunite as a band.
- Their 2014 Status: Joe and Kevin are hosting a show called Off the Record, which will include Q&As and never-before-seen footage of the brothers. It kicks off in New Jersey on June 5 and tours in two other cities. But no — they won't be singing.
Boyz II Men
- When They Broke Up: Though they've never broken up, the guys haven't released a new album since 2011.
- When They Last Reunited: Since they got together in 1988, the band has put out 10 albums and been on countless tours, including a run with 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block in 2013.
- Their 2014 Status: Boyz II Men is currently on tour, with dates throughout the Summer.