Well, nothing shocking here: After a pretty dull performance in which he forgot his words, Brandon Rogers is the first "American Idol" contestant kicked out of the top 12. It seemed like he saw it coming, because he smiled through the whole elimination process. It's a shame that he didn't get a singing farewell, because the guy did have a pleasant voice; he just never really got things going on "Idol."
One fairly surprising development was Sanjaya's presence in the bottom three. I figured he wouldn't even fall that far, though a lot of you thought he was done. Maybe his luck is finally running out?
I've got some other thoughts on Wednesday's show, so for the rundown,
- Seriously, straight-haired Jordin freaks me out. Every time she popped up on the screen, I thought, "who is that?"
- I had forgotten how fast Seacrest motors through the eliminations once we're in the top 12. It's so nice after weeks of one-hour shows to be in and out in 30 minutes.
- I don't think I want to know what was keeping Diana Ross' dress on her body. Wow. I'm also not sure what was with the gigantic red netting cape that she ended up tossing to the side of the stage about 30 seconds into her song.
- Seacrest tells us 28 million people voted last night. That's not quite one vote for each of the approximately 30 million people who watched the Idols sing on Tuesday.
- Thanks to our first Ford pimpage of the season, we know who really wins the 'fro-off: Chris Sligh in that weird '70s take on "Float On." Now that was some hair.
Photos courtesy of Fox