NBC's new series Bent took its turn at the Winter TCA today to give reporters more insight into the show, which is about a mildly uptight woman (Amanda Peet) who hires a laid-back contractor (David Walton) to redecorate her kitchen. Though the show is all about the sexual tension between those two characters, the cast, which also includes Jeffrey Tambor and J.B. Smoove, proved just how funny the show might be by delivering nonstop quips as they answered questions about the series. Check out my five favorite quotes below.
- "Are you asking me if I'm a pot-smoking gambling addict?" — Walton, reacting to a reporter's question of how much he's like his character Pete
- "I don't have a relationship on the show. Which is fine because I'm 10 years old." — Joey King, who plays Peet's daughter, commenting on the show's focus on relationships
- "Joey's a scene-stealer. And she's to be removed from this cast." — Tambor, joking about young cast mate Joey King
- "[He's a] crazy genius combo of being really funny and really gorgeous . . . and kind of a dork." — Peet, giving love interest Walton a compliment that started high and went a little south
- "He's an out of work actor. So I relate." — Tambor, describing his character Walt and why he wanted to play him