There are always going to be books that are being made into movies , and we love to read them before they get the big-screen treatment as much as you do. If you like being able to say the book was better (isn't it always?), then we have 100 novels to dive into. Click through and see which books you need to add to your shelf — before they get to the theater.
The Lost City of Z by David Grann
- What it's about: In this true tale, Grann tells the story of how British explorer Percy Fawcett got lost searching for an ancient, fabled civilization in the Amazon in 1925.
- Who's starring: Charlie Hunnam  will play Fawcett, and Robert Pattinson  and Sienna Miller  will costar in the film, which will be directed by James Gray. Here's all the info about the adaptation .
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- What it's about: A young girl gets stuck at JFK on her way to London, only to meet a boy who seems utterly perfect.
- Who's starring: Hailee Steinfeld will star in the adaptation, which is written by Dustin Lance Black.
Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
- What it's about: A journalist examines extreme runners to figure out how the Tarahumara Indians were able to run for miles — and often barefoot — without injury.
- Who's starring: Matthew McConaughey  is set to star.
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- What it's about: Two generations of brothers with very different natures come of age in the Salinas Valley, CA.
- Who's starring: Jennifer Lawrence  will play Cathy, the cold mother of the two boys. Gary Ross will direct.
King of Heists by J. North Conway
- What it's about: The aptly named film takes on the true life story of the biggest bank robbery in American history, masterminded by George Leslie.
- Who's starring: Jeremy Renner is attached to star as George.
Brilliance by Marcus Sakey
- What it's about: A federal agent in charge of a group of gifted humans has to stop one of them from starting a war.
- Who's starring: Though Jared Leto  and Will Smith  have both been attached to star, they have both dropped out; Noomi Rapace will star, however.
Get Her Off the Pitch by Lynne Truss
- What it's about: Despite the fact that she knows nothing about sports, the author is sent to cover the World Cup — and ends up writing about major sports events, which affects both her work and her personal life.
- Who's starring: The film adaptation, Depth of Field, will star Reese Witherspoon .
The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud
- What it's about: The dramedy follows three Brown University graduates in an examination of their lives after 9/11.
- Who's starring: Jeff Bridges  will play Thwaite, and Lake Bell will direct the adaptation.
Home Is Burning by Dan Marshall
- What it's about: Marshall's memoir tells the story of his return home as a 20-something to help take care of his mother and father, diagnosed with cancer and ALS, respectively.
- Who's starring: Miles Teller will star and produce, and Jonathan Levine is directing.
It's What I Do by Lynsey Addario
- What it's about: War photographer Lynsey Addario recounts her exploits in wartime and battle-ridden places like Afghanistan.
- Who's starring: Jennifer Lawrence  will play Lynsey, and Steven Spielberg  will direct.
Six Years by Harlan Coben
- What it's about: The recently released book tells the story of Jake, a man who seeks out the love of his life when her husband passes away, only to find that the widow at the funeral isn't actually her.
- Who's starring: Hugh Jackman  will star in the film adaptation.
The Billionaire's Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace
- What it's about: A rich man spends an ungodly amount of money on one bottle of wine — only to suspect that he's been duped.
- Who's starring: Matthew McConaughey  will star.
The Good Lord Bird by James McBride
- What it's about: A young slave nicknamed "Onion" joins forces with an abolitionist who travels around the country for the cause.
- Who's starring: Liev Schreiber  is playing the abolitionist, with Jaden Smith as Onion.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- What it's about: The magical series follows two magicians who compete in a mysterious circus that runs from nightfall to dawn.
- Who's starring: There hasn't been any casting news yet, but Jane Eyre writer Moira Buffini will pen the script.
Live by Night by Dennis Lehane
- What it's about: Set in the Prohibition era of the '20s, the novel tells the story of a Boston thief who finds success as a rum runner.
- Who's starring: Ben Affleck  is writing, directing, and starring in the film, marking his second time adapting one of the author's books — his directorial debut came with the adaptation of Lehane's Gone Baby Gone. Zoe Saldana  and Sienna Miller  are costarring.
Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray
- What it's about: This bestseller argues that the most common relationship problems can be attributed to fundamental personality differences between guys and girls.
- Who's starring: Reese Witherspoon  is set to headline the film.
The Thicket by Joe R. Lansdale
- What it's about: A young boy, Jack, has to grow up fast and rescue his kidnapped sister from bandits in turn-of-the-century Texas.
- Who's starring: Peter Dinklage will star as the bounty hunter who assists Jack.
Black Count: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal, and the Real Count of Monte Cristo by Tom Reiss
- What it's about: This historical account tells the true story of Thomas-Alexandre Dumas, the highest-ranking person of color to serve in a European army, and also the father of the Count of Monte Cristo's author.
- Who's starring: It hasn't been cast yet, but True Detective's Cary Fukunaga is directing and John Legend  is producing.
American Tabloid by James Ellroy
- What it's about: Three government agents get entangled in the JFK assassination between the years of 1958 and 1963.
- Who's starring: James Franco  will direct and act in the adaptation, though it's not known what his role will be.
The Art of the Engine Driver by Steven Carroll
- What it's about: A New Year's Eve party in a 1950s Australian suburb gets messy when the revelers are confronted with buried secrets.
- Who's starring: Guy Pearce and Rosamund Pike are playing the lead married couple in the film version, called Violet Town.
Facing the Wind by Julie Salamon
- What it's about: The tragic true story follows Robert Rowe, a man who killed his wife and family after suffering from delusion and hardship.
- Who's starring: Alessandro Nivola, Vera Farmiga, and Evan Rachel Wood are starring.
Sister by Rosamund Lupton
- What it's about: A London woman, Beatrice, investigates her young sister's death, which was ruled a suicide.
- Who's starring: Emily Blunt  will play Beatrice.
1984 by George Orwell
- What it's about: This high school reading classic explores a dystopian society in which a totalitarian government, AKA Big Brother, lords over the nation.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but Paul Greengrass is directing.
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- What it's about: This YA novel depicts a world where two different kinds of people exist — the privileged few with superhuman abilities, and underprivileged with no abilities — and a young woman, Mare, who infiltrates the other side.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but Elizabeth Banks will direct.
Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
- What it's about: It's the true story of Ashley, a woman who spent nine years in the foster care system, moving between nine homes and struggling to find herself in a difficult, abusive world.
- Who's starring: Reese Witherspoon  will star in the film adaptation, and Amanda Seyfried is set  to costar.
In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
- What it's about: This nonfiction story follows William Dodd, the US ambassador to Berlin in 1933. His socialite daughter Martha had romantic affairs with a Gestapo official and a Soviet spy, creating a mounting brutality around them.
- Who's starring: Tom Hanks  will produce and star in the film, while The Artist's Michel Hazanavicius will direct.
Struck by Genius by Jason Padgett
- What it's about: Padgett's memoir follows his unusual journey of becoming a math genius after suffering a traumatic brain injury.
- Who's starring: Channing Tatum  will produce and potentially star in this biopic.
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- What it's about: Good girl Abby heads to college and meets a charming, tattooed guy named Travis who challenges her to a bet: if he loses, he has to stay abstinent for a month, and if he wins, she has to live with him for a month.
- Who's starring: The film — which has been compared to Fifty Shades of Grey — hasn't been cast yet, but screenwriter Julia Hart is attached.
Junius and Albert’s Adventures in the Confederacy: A Civil War Odyssey by Peter Carlson
- What it's about: Junius Henri Browne and Albert Deane Richardson, two journalists from the North, are imprisoned in several Confederate prisons over two years during the Civil War.
- Who's starring: There's no cast yet, but Tobey Maguire  is producing.
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- What it's about: Two sisters in France end up in different positions during WWII; one fights with the resistance and one becomes a prisoner.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but screenwriter Ann Peacock has just been hired.
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
- What it's about: A young, disturbed man plans a murder-suicide in this YA drama.
- Who's starring: Channing Tatum  and his producing partner Reid Carolin are codirecting, and Tatum may star in the film.
You Shall Know Our Velocity by Dave Eggers
- What it's about: Two 20-something friends go on an international trip to find themselves after one of their best friends dies.
- Who's starring: Daniel Radcliffe is attached to star as Will.
One Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Tropper
- What it's about: When Drew finds out he'll need a life-saving heart surgery, he decides not to have the operation, choosing instead to live in the moment and reconnect with his estranged daughter.
- Who's starring: There hasn't been any casting news yet, but Mike Nichols is set to direct the film.
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- What it's about: After her mom, Bernadette, disappears, 15-year-old Bee dives into emails, documents, and secret correspondences to find her.
- Who's starring: Richard Linklater is set to direct the film, and Cate Blanchett has been cast  as Bernadette. Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber — the writers behind (500) Days of Summer — are set to write the screenplay.
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- What it's about: A poor family is forced to leave their land in Oklahoma following a drought, and they head to California in the midst of the Great Depression.
- Who's starring: Steven Spielberg  plans to direct the film adaptation, which hasn't been cast yet.
The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett
- What it's about: Set during the Prohibition era, private detective Nick Charles gives up on his career when he marries a wealthy socialite. The plot thickens when he gets mixed up in a murder investigation.
- Who's starring: Johnny Depp  will take on a remake of the film based on the novel.
Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
- What it's about: The historical drama tells the story of an Englishman, Stephen, and an older married Frenchwoman, Isabelle. After their affair, Stephen can't help but hold onto the romance while he serves in WWI.
- Who's starring: Nicholas Hoult will star in Birdsong  as Stephen, the 21-year-old WWI army officer.
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- What it's about: The memoir of Jeannette Walls chronicles her unconventional and sometimes bizarre upbringing and relationship with her parents.
- Who's starring: Brie Larson will take on the role of Jeannette.
The Merciless by Danielle Vega
- What it's about: A group of teen girls kidnaps a classmate to "exorcise" her in this debut novel.
- Who's starring: There's no casting yet, but Pretty Little Liars creator I. Marlene King will write the screenplay.
The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers
- What it's about: Two young soldiers are taken under the wing of an experienced sergeant in Iraq.
- Who's starring: Jack Huston is playing the sergeant, with Tye Sheridan and Alden Ehrenreich as the soldiers, along with Jennifer Aniston .
Fifty Shades Darker by E L James
- What it's about: In this Fifty Shades of Grey sequel, Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele's relationship deepens as he lets her in a little more.
- Who's starring: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson  will reprise their roles as Christian and Ana. Here's everything else we know about the adaptation .
Men of Granite by William McGee
- What it's about: A group of boys from immigrant families in 1940s Illinois rises above adversity to become basketball state champions.
- Who's starring: Shirley MacLaine will play Sophia, the schoolteacher who watches over the boys.
Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates
- What it's about: Oates imagines the inner monologue of Marilyn Monroe as she started out as Norma Jean Baker.
- Who's starring: Jessica Chastain will play Marilyn.
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- What it's about: The relationship of two young Nigerians is tested by long distance and immigration issues when she moves to America.
- Who's starring: Lupita Nyong'o will play the female lead opposite David Oyelowo, while Brad Pitt  is producing.
The Rules of Inheritance by Claire Bidwell Smith
- What it's about: This memoir follows Bidwell Smith's experiences with love, loss, and grief in the wake of her parents' deaths.
- Who's starring: Jennifer Lawrence  will star in the film adaptation as Claire.
The November Criminals by Sam Munson
- What it's about: A misbehaving high-school senior investigates the death of his classmate.
- Who's starring: Ansel Elgort and Chloë Grace Moretz will star. Catherine Keener also has a supporting role.
The True American: Murder and Mercy in Texas by Anand Giridharadas
- What it's about: This true account is the story of "American terrorist" Mark Stroman, who killed a foreign man in a Dallas store.
- Who's starring: Tom Hardy is attached to star, with Kathryn Bigelow directing.
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
- What it's about: After the mysterious death of his father, a mute teenager, Edgar Sawtelle, runs away with three of his dogs to cope.
- Who's starring: There's no official cast yet, but Wentworth MiIler will adapt the story to screenplay, while Tom Hanks  and Oprah Winfrey  are set to produce.
The Engagements by J. Courtney Sullivan
- What it's about: The romantic read traces a diamond engagement ring from the 1930s to now, weaving together five relationships along the way.
- Who's starring: The film adaptation hasn't been cast, but Reese Witherspoon  will produce.
The Diary of a Chambermaid by Octave Mirbeau
- What it's about: The 19th-century novel — written as satire — tells the story of a young chambermaid who works for wealthy upper-class French families.
- Who's starring: Marion Cotillard is in negotiations  to star as Celestine in the remake of the novel.
Love May Fail by Matthew Quick
- What it's about: A woman dealing with the breakup of her marriage heads back to her hometown to clear the name of a former teacher.
- Who's starring: Emma Stone will star  in the movie, which is being adapted by Mike White.
The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- What it's about: In Jandy Nelson's tear-jerking novel, 17-year-old Lennie deals with the fallout around her after her older sister passes away from a heart attack.
- Who's starring: Selena Gomez 's production company has optioned the book, and Gomez will star as Lennie.
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
- What it's about: The Pulitzer Prize-winning novel follows the life of Ignatius J. Reilly, a quirky slob who lives at home with his mother in New Orleans's famous French Quarter.
- Who's starring: Zach Galifianakis  will reportedly star as Ignatius, with James Bobin directing.
Climb to Conquer by Peter Shelton
- What it's about: This true story recounts the ordeal of WWII's 10th mountain division ski troops, who trained in the snowy mountains so they could take on snowy conditions in the war.
- Who's starring: Robert Redford  will produce the film, which has not been cast yet.
The Silent Wife by A. S. A. Harrison
- What it's about: The book changes perspective between a couple who has been together for 20 years while she takes care of him and he cheats on her.
- Who's starring: Nicole Kidman  will produce and star in the adaptation as the wife.
Van Cliburn by Howard Reich
- What it's about: This biography follows Van Cliburn, a famous American pianist who first reached fame at the age of 23 during the Cold War.
- Who's starring: The Fault in Our Stars' Ansel Elgort will play Van Cliburn.
The Secret Life of Houdini: The Making of America's First Superhero by William Kalush and Larry Sloman
- What it's about: The biography of the iconic magician explores his life and career.
- Who's starring: Johnny Depp  will play Houdini.
The Minds of Billy Milligan by Daniel Keyes
- What it's about: It's the true story of Billy Milligan, the first defendant in the US law system to use multiple personality disorder as a defense.
- Who's starring: Leonardo DiCaprio  will produce and possibly star as Milligan in the adaptation, which will be titled The Crowded Room.
Lie Down in Darkness by William Styron
- What it's about: The lives and eventual destruction of a dysfunctional Southern family, including the suicide of Peyton, one of the daughters.
- Who's starring: Kristen Stewart  will play the lead as Peyton.
Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
- What it's about: An Indian family and an American family find themselves connected by an adopted child, who returns to India to learn more about her heritage.
- Who's starring: There's no casting news yet, but Deepa Mehta is set to direct the big-screen adaptation.
The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson
- What it's about: The nonfiction book focuses on the diagnoses and behaviors of actual psychopaths.
- Who's starring: Scarlett Johansson  has signed on to star in the adaptation, which is being described as a psychological thriller.
The Devil in the White City by Eric Larson
- What it's about: The unbelievable true story of Daniel Burnham, the architect responsible for the construction of the Chicago World's Fair in 1893, and Dr. H. H. Holmes, a serial killer who used the fair to lure victims to his own "World's Fair Hotel" — and to their deaths.
- Who's starring: Leonardo DiCaprio will play the sick-minded Holmes , though there's no word yet on who will step in as Burnham. Martin Scorsese  will direct.
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- What it's about: In this young adult romance, a girl named Violet falls for Finch, a boy who is intent on ending his life.
- Who's starring: Elle Fanning is starring, and Miguel Arteta is directing.
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- What it's about: This young adult sci-fi tale is the first book in a trilogy about Kady and Ezra, two former love interests whose planet is invaded in the year 2575. Breakup stress and intergalactic warfare abound.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but Brad Pitt  is producing the film.
My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
- What it's about: The classic novel tells the story of Philip and his mysterious cousin Rachel, who may or may not be guilty of murdering another of their family members.
- Who's starring: Rachel Weisz  and Sam Claflin will star as Rachel and Philip.
Looking For Alaska by John Green
- What it's about: A cerebral teen falls for a girl, the titular Alaska, in this novel from The Fault in Our Stars author John Green.
- Who's starring: There's no cast yet, but the screenplay will be adapted by the same team  who did The Fault in Our Stars.
Thank You For Your Service by David Finkel
- What it's about: This nonfiction book follows the lives of soldiers who have come back from overseas, and the PTSD, sympathy, and life they face back at home.
- Who's starring: Amy Schumer and Miles Teller are starring.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- What it's about: Teenager Wade Watts gets sucked into a virtual universe in a dystopian future society in 2044.
- Who's starring: Tye Sheridan will play Wade, Olivia Cooke will play his love interest, and Ben Mendelsohn will costar in the sci-fi flick, which is being directed by Steven Spielberg .
The Dark Tower by Stephen King
- What it's about: Stephen King's magnum opus is a series that follows "gunslinger" Roland Deschain as he moves through a magical society, looking for the titular Dark Tower.
- Who's starring: Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey  have both joined the adaptation. See who else has been cast .
Fifty Shades Freed
- What it's about: The finaly book in the Fifty Shades saga, Christian and Ana navigate their most dangerous treacherous relationship yet: marriage.
- Who's starring: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson  fill the shoes of Christian and Ana again, while newcomers like Arielle Kebbel will join the franchise. Here is the Fifty Shades Freed cast  so far.
The Secret Life of the Lonely Doll by Jean Nathan
- What it's about: In thos nonfiction piece, author Nathan tracks down 1950s writer Dare Wright, who had written the childrens' book The Lonely Doll.
- Who's starring: Naomi Watts  ans Jessica Lange will costar, and Gia Coppola will direct the adaptation.
Sorta Like a Rockstar by Matthew Quick
- What it's about: An upbeat teen's positive outlook is challenged by personal tragedy in this YA drama.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but Youth in Revolt's Miguel Arteta has signed on to direct .
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
- What it's about: A glamorous 20-something New Yorker hides a dark secret in her past.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but Reese Witherspoon  is producing the movie.
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
- What it's about: Fourteen-year-old Meg Murry's father goes missing after working on a government project, setting off Meg's fantastical journey through space and time.
- Who's starring: Ava DuVernay will direct the adaptation, and the three Mrs. have been cast: Reese Witherspoon  will play Mrs. Whatsit, Mindy Kaling will play Mrs. Who, and Oprah Winfrey  will play Mrs. Which. See the whole cast  here.
The Circle by Dave Eggers
- What it's about: A young woman, Mae Holland, takes a job at a Google-like tech company where she quickly climbs the corporate ladder.
- Who's starring: Emma Watson  is starring as Mae, alongside Tom Hanks  and John Boyega. James Ponsoldt is directing.
- Watch the trailer for The Circle .
Silence by Shusaku Endo
- What it's about: Set in 17th-century Japan, the book follows the story of Jesuits who are trying to bring Christianity into Japan.
- Who's starring: Andrew Garfield is playing Father Rodrigues in the film, which is directed by Martin Scorsese . Adam Driver and Liam Neeson are also playing priests.
- Watch the trailer for Silence .
Fifty Shades Freed
- What it's about: The final book in the Fifty Shades saga, Christian and Ana navigate their most dangerous, treacherous relationship yet: marriage.
- Who's starring: Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson  fill the shoes of Christian and Ana again, while newcomers like Arielle Kebbel will join the franchise. Here is the Fifty Shades Freed cast  so far and all the details  we have.
In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- What it's about: Writer Nora attends the bachelorette party of a friend she hasn't seen in 10 years, and on the weekend away, things go from drinks and fun to heart-pounding mystery.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but Reese Witherspoon  is producing.
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- What it's about: Roxane, an American soprano, travels to South America to perform a private concert, which is then crashed by guerrilla forces.
- Who's starring: Julianne Moore will star as Roxane, alongside Ken Watanabe and Demian Bichir. Paul Weitz will direct.
Witness For the Prosecution by Agatha Christie
- What it's about: The short story follows a courtroom drama of a murder case with lots of twists, turns, and marital intrigue.
- Who's starring: Ben Affleck  will direct and star in the movie.
Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
- What it's about: In this YA drama, two teens — one of whom suffers from a rare disease that makes her allergic to nearly everything — fall in love.
- Who's starring: Amandla Stenberg and Nick Robinson are costarring.
- Watch the trailer for Everything Everything .
Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household
- What it's about: The classic British novel follows a man who attempts to assassinate a dictator, but is hunted by authorities himself after he fails.
- Who's starring: Benedict Cumberbatch will produce and star.
- What it's about: Former self-described AFC (average frustrated chump) Neil Strauss got fed up with being a mediocre dater and infiltrated an underground society of pick-up gurus. The book is part memoir, part how-to guide.
- Who's starring: James Franco  will both produce and star in the film as pick-up artist Mystery.
Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- What it's about: It's the true story of the unsung heroes of NASA — the black female mathematicians who quietly enabled the biggest achievements in space in the 1960s.
- Who's starring: Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monae, and Kevin Costner  are starring.
- Watch the trailer for Hidden Figures .
The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
- What it's about: This true story follows the keepers of the Warsaw Zoo, who helped to save hundreds of people from the Nazis in World War II by smuggling them into empty cages.
- Who's starring: Jessica Chastain stars with Daniel Brühl in the movie.
- Watch the trailer for The Zookeeper's Wife .
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- What it's about: Wonder tells the story of Auggie Pullman, a boy who is born with a facial deformity, and his struggle to fit in at a new school.
- Who's starring: Room's Jacob Tremblay is playing Auggie, and Julia Roberts  will play his mother.
The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin
- What it's about: Two strangers on a charter plane crash in the wilderness and have to depend on each other to survive.
- Who's starring: Idris Elba is playing the male lead opposite Kate Winslet .
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- What it's about: The classic mystery follows fictional detective Hercule Poirot as he pursues a murder on a famous train.
- Who's starring: Kenneth Branagh is directing and will play Poirot, alongside Johnny Depp , Daisy Ridley, Michelle Pfeiffer , and Hamilton star Leslie Odom Jr.
Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer
- What it's about: In this thriller, a biologist sets out on an expedition to a mysterious area to find out what killed her husband there.
- Who's starring: Natalie Portman , Jane the Virgin's Gina Rodriguez, and Tessa Thompson will costar. Oscar Isaac also joined the cast  of the film, which will be directed by Ex Machina's Alex Garland.
Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
- What it's about: Spanning decades, the book kicks off in 1962 on the Italian coast, following the ups and downs of a love affair that ends in Hollywood years later.
- Who's starring: Imogen Poots will play Dee Moray, and Sam Mendes will produce and potentially direct the film adaptation.
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- What it's about: This coming-of-age tale tells the story of a boy and his fascination with a tiny but special painting.
- Who's starring: John Crowley will direct, and though the adaptation has not been cast yet, we have many ideas about who should star .
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- What it's about: After WWII has come to an end, while London writer Juliet Ashton is looking for inspiration for her next book, she becomes acquainted with a wild crew on Guernsey Island after receiving a letter. She becomes drawn into the world of the man who wrote to her and his friends under Nazi occupation.
- Who's starring: Michiel Huisman and Lily James will costar  in the adaptation.
The Darkest Minds
- What it's about: In the futuristic YA novel, the government tries to intern and suppress young people with special abilities, including 16-year-old Ruby.
- Who's starring: Amandla Stenberg will play Ruby.
An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
- What it's about: Steve Martin 's novel follows Lacey, a young woman who attempts to make her way in the New York art world.
- Who's starring: Amy Adams  will star in and produce the adaptation.
The Keep by Jennifer Egan
- What it's about: Two grown cousins reunite one Summer to renovate a dilapidated castle and must confront the ghosts of their past.
- Who's starring: No one has been cast yet, but a director has been hired: Peter Weir.
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- What it's about: In this high school-set thriller, popular teen Samantha keeps reliving the same day over again following a car crash seemingly caused by a mysterious, outcast student her friends have been torturing.
- Who's starring: Zoey Deutch plays Samantha, alongside Halston Sage and Diego Boneta.
- Watch the trailer for Before I Fall .
The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni
- What it's about: The coming-of-tale follows two teen boys, one of whom who lives in a geodesic dome where he's been homeschooled by his eccentric grandmother.
- Who's starring: Asa Butterfield and Alex Wolff will costar, along with Nick Offerman and Michaela Watkins.
The Son by Jo Nesbo
- What it's about: A young man is in prison because he has confessed to the crimes of others, but he breaks out to avenge his murdered father.
- Who's starring: Jake Gyllenhaal  will star with his Prisoners director Denis Villeneuve at the helm.
It by Stephen King
- What it's about: An ancient evil takes the form of Pennywise the Clown and terrifies a group of children, then later, comes back for them as adults.
- Who's starring: Bill Skarsgard is playing Pennywise the Clown, and Andrés Muschietti, who directed horror movie Mama, is at the helm.
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- What it's about: An awkward genetics professor falls for a woman who does not fit into his ascribed criteria — the titular Rosie.
- Who's starring: Ryan Reynolds  is attached to potentially star.
The Death Cure by James Dashner
- What it's about: In the final book in the Maze Runner series, Thomas finally attempts to take down the organization WICKED.
- Who's starring: Dylan O'Brien is reprising his role as Thomas.