Staying in tonight? Just looking for the best place to watch the ball drop? Most of the networks — and several cable channels — are pulling out all the stops for New Year's Eve blowout bashes, with musical guests and star appearances galore. Here's your guide to who's on where:
- On ABC: ABC has Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest, live from New York City. The special starts at 10 p.m. Eastern and Pacific, takes a break for local news at 11, then returns from 11:30 p.m. till just after 2 a.m. Guests include Fergie (who will perform and also host the West Coast part of the festivities), will.i.am, the Jonas Brothers, Taylor Swift, Lionel Richie, Natasha Bedingfield, the Pussycat Dolls, and more.
- On NBC: NBC has New Year's Eve with Carson Daly from 10 to 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Eastern and Pacific from New York City. Sir Elton John, is a headline performer, along with Ludacris, T.I., The Ting Tings, and Katy Perry.
- On Fox: Fox has New Year's Eve Live from Las Vegas starting at 11 p.m. Eastern and going till 12:30 a.m. (in other time zones, it will be tape delayed). Spike Feresten and Mark Thompson will host the show, which features appearances by David Cook, Daughtry, Scott Weiland, and Lynyrd Skynyrd, a stunt by Robbie Knievel, and reports from three Vegas Cirque du Soleil shows.
- On MTV: MTV has A Miley-Sized Surprise: New Year's Eve 2009, in which Miley Cyrus will surprise one fan with a performance, The Veronicas will anchor a New York City broadcast, and Metro Station, The Academy Is ..., and Kevin Rudolf will perform. The broadcast starts at 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific.
- On CNN: Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin anchor the news network's New Year's special starting at 11 p.m. Eastern and Pacific. Musical guests include My Morning Jacket, Lil Wayne, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Coolio, and 3 Doors Down.